URGENT!!! Soft poop now explosive diarrhea this morning

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Fromm is not meant to do a full switch without a transition, or is meant to mix and switch. For example, pork and applesauce for breakfast, beef frittata for dinner. Next day, game bird for breakfast, pork and applesauce for dinner. If going completely from one food to the next without keeping a switch off I still recommend a transition. Not as long as with switching to a different brand, but still a short one is needed. I think people are easily confused by this. It is meant to give variety to their palette, not for a full switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

I'm sorry, i'm confused now, from the fromm 4 star website it states...

Interchangeable recipes
Because each recipe has a similar blend of fresh fruit and vegetables, it is encouraged to switch between Four-Star varieties as often as you would like. You can even mix recipes for a meal that is totally unique!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am not a pro on dog food but I wanted to say I hope he gets better!

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca is also 15 weeks and his squirts come and go from day to day. The vet said their tummys get tougher as they age. Keep checking for parasites and giardia. Pumpkin occasionally worked for my boy. I've noticed that the treats are likely a culprit too.

amelson19933

Dec 28, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We had the same issue with our bulldog Tank. We ended up switching him to a Salmon based food. Our vet told us to stay away from rice, chicken and beef as it can really upset his stomach. It has taken him almost 3 weeks to get his stomach fully straightened out but us switching his food twice in one month didnt help him any.

His stools are now solid and he hasn't had any trouble since he got used to the new food. We can't give him any treats though, his stomach can't handle it. So when we give him a "treat" its a couple of pieces of his kibble.

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My lil Tank had diarrhea on & off sometimes explosive like you said. I thought it was the treats, so I stopped that from reading the post here. When I took him to the vet for his shots, I had him tested for parasites, unfortunately it came back positive for Giardia. He didn't show much symptoms but just diarrhea once in a while. So I'm sad & happy that he has this, but happy about treating now. How is your baby doing?

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
My lil Tank had diarrhea on & off sometimes explosive like you said. I thought it was the treats, so I stopped that from reading the post here. When I took him to the vet for his shots, I had him tested for parasites, unfortunately it came back positive for Giardia. He didn't show much symptoms but just diarrhea once in a while. So I'm sad & happy that he has this, but happy about treating now. How is your baby doing?

His stool is firming up a bit where i can at least pick it up the past 2 days, still kinda soft. Stopped all treats and stopped the pumpkin since that seemed to make it worse. I'm going to have his stool checked out at the vet this Wed. for his last set of puppy shots.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online