Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft poop now explosive diarrhea this morning

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Soft poop now explosive diarrhea this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Sounds like you got great advice from everyone. Yes you can change any of the Fromm Foods without having to transition, so maybe a good idea to go back to the Pork and apple sauce. Also how much are you feeding him each day? Maybe he's getting too much? Hoping you an figure it out and he gets better. Good luck. I know it's frustrating trying to find the right foods that they tolerate, as I had to change Blossom 4 times before we found the right one. Keep us posted.

i feed him 3/4 cup twice a day currently. The little guy is off and on. He's got a decently firm/formed stool for a day and then soft the next with the pork/applesauce. But its getting softer and softer to diarrhea over the course of the long weekend after switching to grain free.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

He's 15 months old so 3/4 of a cup twice a day shouldn't be too much. My 2 guys are 10 months old, and I feed them 1 1/2 cups twice a day of the Fromms Beef.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Fromm is not meant to do a full switch without a transition, or is meant to mix and switch. For example, pork and applesauce for breakfast, beef frittata for dinner. Next day, game bird for breakfast, pork and applesauce for dinner. If going completely from one food to the next without keeping a switch off I still recommend a transition. Not as long as with switching to a different brand, but still a short one is needed. I think people are easily confused by this. It is meant to give variety to their palette, not for a full switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Fromm is not meant to do a full switch without a transition, or is meant to mix and switch. For example, pork and applesauce for breakfast, beef frittata for dinner. Next day, game bird for breakfast, pork and applesauce for dinner. If going completely from one food to the next without keeping a switch off I still recommend a transition. Not as long as with switching to a different brand, but still a short one is needed. I think people are easily confused by this. It is meant to give variety to their palette, not for a full switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry, i'm confused now, from the fromm 4 star website it states...

Interchangeable recipes
    Because each recipe has a similar blend of fresh fruit and vegetables, it is encouraged to switch between Four-Star varieties as often as you would like. You can even mix recipes for a meal that is totally unique!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I am not a pro on dog food but I wanted to say I hope he gets better!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

Luca is also 15 weeks and his squirts come and go from day to day. The vet said their tummys get tougher as they age. Keep checking for parasites and giardia. Pumpkin occasionally worked for my boy. I've noticed that the treats are likely a culprit too.

If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.

Real Name
    Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

We had the same issue with our bulldog Tank. We ended up switching him to a Salmon based food. Our vet told us to stay away from rice, chicken and beef as it can really upset his stomach. It has taken him almost 3 weeks to get his stomach fully straightened out but us switching his food twice in one month didnt help him any.

His stools are now solid and he hasn't had any trouble since he got used to the new food. We can't give him any treats though, his stomach can't handle it. So when we give him a "treat" its a couple of pieces of his kibble.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My lil Tank had diarrhea on & off sometimes explosive like you said. I thought it was the treats, so I stopped that from reading the post here. When I took him to the vet for his shots, I had him tested for parasites, unfortunately it came back positive for Giardia. He didn't show much symptoms but just diarrhea once in a while. So I'm sad & happy that he has this, but happy about treating now. How is your baby doing?

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Iveski View Post
    My lil Tank had diarrhea on & off sometimes explosive like you said. I thought it was the treats, so I stopped that from reading the post here. When I took him to the vet for his shots, I had him tested for parasites, unfortunately it came back positive for Giardia. He didn't show much symptoms but just diarrhea once in a while. So I'm sad & happy that he has this, but happy about treating now. How is your baby doing?
    His stool is firming up a bit where i can at least pick it up the past 2 days, still kinda soft. Stopped all treats and stopped the pumpkin since that seemed to make it worse. I'm going to have his stool checked out at the vet this Wed. for his last set of puppy shots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads