URGENT!!! Rocky has a huge bump on his privates :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
CHecking in to see how Rocky is doing? Is it still bleeding?

[MENTION=4840]BulldogMom31[/MENTION]

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Hi Everyone!!!! so Rocky had surgery today, he got neutered and they removed that lump, He's doing ok, still very sleepy but ok, thank Goodness, i just hope to God that urethral prolapse it's gone for good!!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers!!! and all your help!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he is doing well, now the hard part is keeping him quiet for a week.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad to do he had the surgery and he is okay. I hope he has a speedy recovery, and that the surgery was successful and he will be better after this. Keep us posted on his recovery and update us on how he is doing. Sending love and prayers.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
He has an Elizabeth cone, i feel so bad for him, do you guys think he can reach down there and lick it? i want to take it off so bad :(

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He has an Elizabeth cone, i feel so bad for him, do you guys think he can reach down there and lick it? i want to take it off so bad :(

I kept te collar on Brutus bc that was the only way he would be quiet and not jump! I took it off after 3 days and he ended up prolapsing again :( they don't know if its bc he pulled a stitch or what! Keep him calm and no jumping at all! He may have to potty more often than usual... Glad all went well hugs to you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
I kept te collar on Brutus bc that was the only way he would be quiet and not jump! I took it off after 3 days and he ended up prolapsing again :( they don't know if its bc he pulled a stitch or what! Keep him calm and no jumping at all! He may have to potty more often than usual... Glad all went well hugs to you both

Oh Nooo :( so he's still has it???

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY

Good morning!!! so Night one went bad so bad, i have no sleep my poor baby was up all night, and he was bleeding all night long, i know Brutus had this surgery done, did he bleed that much? did he have chunks of blood? i already called the vet, waiting for her to call back, they told to expect blood in his urine but i don't think that's urine, he's not eating or drinking either! i feel so bad for him :(

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Good morning!!! so Night one went bad so bad, i have no sleep my poor baby was up all night, and he was bleeding all night long, i know Brutus had this surgery done, did he bleed that much? did he have chunks of blood? i already called the vet, waiting for her to call back, they told to expect blood in his urine but i don't think that's urine, he's not eating or drinking either! i feel so bad for him :(

Yes they told us that he would bleed for about 2-3 weeks.. He bled a lot and it was very chunky like clots...We went to the vet 5 days after surgery b/c Brutus had 2 seziures and they re checked to tell us he was prolapsed again :( I think he busted a stich because he was impossible to keep calm! The bleeding is normal and will eventually subside! Sorry took so long to respond back! Hope all is well Hugs xxxx

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yup he still has it! Te bleeding did stop almost 4 weeks after surgery! The vet said we could do another surgery but its more invasive and would actually cut his wee wee NO WAY! We keep it clean and it hasn't bled ever since :) some dogs will prolapse and its normal!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Yes they told us that he would bleed for about 2-3 weeks.. He bled a lot and it was very chunky like clots...We went to the vet 5 days after surgery b/c Brutus had 2 seziures and they re checked to tell us he was prolapsed again :( I think he busted a stich because he was impossible to keep calm! The bleeding is normal and will eventually subside! Sorry took so long to respond back! Hope all is well Hugs xxxx

Poor Brutus :( Rocky is doing pretty good, not bleeding as much anymore, but just praying he does not prolapsed again, thanks for all your help!! :)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope everything goes well I hope he gets better soon

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Brutus :( Rocky is doing pretty good, not bleeding as much anymore, but just praying he does not prolapsed again, thanks for all your help!! :)

I hope all is well! I'm here if you need anything :) give hugs and kisses to Rocky!

Members online

No members online now.