URGENT!!! Rocky has a huge bump on his privates :(

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
I've just have noticed this big bump on Rocky's penis, just trying to figure out if is a bump, or if its just swollen :( seems like he burst it open bc is now bleeding a little bit, anyone has any idea what this is?

IMG_4161.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's a prolapsed urethra, need to get him checked out by your vet. Sometimes they can do surgery on it if it gets too bad.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4840]BulldogMom31[/MENTION] his doesn't look too bad at the moment. They can be serious if they start bleeding, because it is hard to stop the bleeding. I would get him neutered if he is not already, that will help. A good bully vet can give you more info. Since you live in Houston, I would strongly suggest you go to the vet we use, he is an excellent vet. It's Brittmoore Animal Hospital, I like Dr. Dykeman, but Dr. Kampschmidt is good also. Let me know if you need their number and I will PM you with it. They are super bully vets and I trust them with all my bullies.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
@BulldogMom31 his doesn't look too bad at the moment. They can be serious if they start bleeding, because it is hard to stop the bleeding. I would get him neutered if he is not already, that will help. A good bully vet can give you more info. Since you live in Houston, I would strongly suggest you go to the vet we use, he is an excellent vet. It's Brittmoore Animal Hospital, I like Dr. Dykeman, but Dr. Kampschmidt is good also. Let me know if you need their number and I will PM you with it. They are super bully vets and I trust them with all my bullies.

Oh David thank you so much, i would Love to have his Number, i like the vet that i use, but if they're super bully vets i much rather bring him there. Thanks again!!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
yep. it's a prolapsed urethra. Ulysses had it earlier this year. It usually happens when there is a female in heat around. Neutering it's one solution. Our vet also recommended hormone or steroids therapy. I hope your boy gets better soon. Positive thoughts going your way. :pray:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: man I hope he's ok or if you have to get surgery I hope everything goes well good luck keep us posted good luck!!!!!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Remy had one this summer too and it's not always because there is a female in heat. It can also be brought on by vigorous humping. Remy had to have surgery to fix his and he was nuetered at the same time. He was bleeding so bad that it looked like someone was murdered in my house and in the waiting room of the vet's office

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Once it pops its always there! It will only go away with surgery and that's not 100^% we had the prolapse surgery and neuter same time! Brutus prolapsed and te next day blood squirting everywhere! He then prolapsed again a week later :( he still has it and no issues now!

I highly recommend using a bully vet bc this is a very invasive surgery! Keep him as calm as can be until you get to the vet! You don't want the bleeding to start bc it will not stop :( I hope things get better and if you need anything please let us know hugs and kisses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh poor baby, I hope he doesn't need surgery , but if he does, I send wishes for a quick recovery, and a successful surgery. Keep us posted.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending up prayers right now that it doesn't keep bleeding and his surgery
goes well and fixes all...please keep us posted-GOD bless you!
:christmas20:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I can't add anything here but to say I have just learned something new. I hope your guy will be ok. Will keep him in my thoughts.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
yep. it's a prolapsed urethra. Ulysses had it earlier this year. It usually happens when there is a female in heat around. Neutering it's one solution. Our vet also recommended hormone or steroids therapy. I hope your boy gets better soon. Positive thoughts going your way. :pray:

Thank you!!!!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Thank you all so much!!! i'll keep you all posted, he's not bleeding anymore, it was just a little bit, taking him to the vet tmw, and figure out what to do, thanks again for all your prayers!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.