Other Reverse Sneezing

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i know that there have been several threads on this subject but i just needed to share. Reverse sneezing is like a sneeze but seems to be going inward like they are breathing in instead of out. its continuous and can last for a few seconds to several minutes. sarah has done this and i just rub down her sides from her shoulders to her rump and she would quit. well i have a boston who very rarely does it but when he does its a long drawn out affair. i mean it last for minutes and minutes no matter what i do. I usually give him a benadryl if i see he maybe getting ready to do it and it stops but this time he was outside and got excited and i guess has allergies and he started it. i carried him inside but it was still going on. Well i have read several threads on here about it and something hit me after i just gave up as nothing i did helped. i went to the fridge and got some lemon juice and squirted it in his mouth. my bf said what does that do? i said it clears up mucus. well he stopped sneezing as soon as he swallowed it. it was that quick really. bf said where did you learn that? i said ebn where else. So thank you ebn once again and just reposting this in case someone else has a dog who does this and wont stop. :2thumbs:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I noticed Miss Tallulah does this occasionally and I usually rub her chest and she calms down but this is good to know. Seems she does it more in the summer but she did it a couple of weeks ago indoors and it is freezing winter outside. What causes it? Is it allergies? Stress? It can sounds so frightening.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I can see where that would work, something to stop the spasm. You can also take two fingers and cover their nares and it usually stops it.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I noticed Miss Tallulah does this occasionally and I usually rub her chest and she calms down but this is good to know. Seems she does it more in the summer but she did it a couple of weeks ago indoors and it is freezing winter outside. What causes it? Is it allergies? Stress? It can sounds so frightening.
well i think it can be allergies or extreme excitment from what i have read but im not an expert really

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online