Help Needed! Acne

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Yup changed our food and the chin completely cleared up. It was to the point the acne would pop and start bleeding. Totally went away with new food

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would suggest looking into a different food possibly...What are you currently feeding? Brutus had very bad chin acne and we changed a couple things. We started cleaning his bowl alot more b/c he is a big drooler, we switched foods, we used noxema pads 2x a day and applied animax creme 2x a day it cleared up within 1 week :) It was bloody and very red before it stopped. Now we get them every so often if I am bad at cleaning :blink:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I use malacetic otic on a makeup bad for Lola's and if you cant find that witch hazel works! Also make sure you are using stainless steel bowls!

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Yes we all deal with it as you can see! Changed over to a steel bowl, I use a hanging water bottle instead of a bowl so no drippy drool all over, clean his face every day, and when you bathe them make sure you scrub the chin. I do all this and its clearing up nicely. They were all fat and gross. lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea has this as a pup. I even got Stridex pads once -- and still have them in the Bulldog basket. They went away after I got diligent with feeding in stainless steel bowls (and washing after each use) and wiping "gravy face" after meals. This is just a part of the routine facial cleaning now. No acne.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with all of the above! It's usually caused by bacteria, so taking the above steps will help in your battle. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Just to update and answer some questions; they were fed raw but she has some horrible allergies to the IL grass here so have been eating Fromm Beef Fritatta, I do clean with witch hazel at night and sometimes mornings as part of her routine- i also clean her face, wipe her paws or soak them in ACV, her rope, and her girlie parts, I am interested in the hanging bottle so i will be looking into that now, I wash the bowls after every meal in the dish washer and the water bowl usually goes in at night while were sleeping and then I just pull it out in the AM while they are eating breakfast. I have been giving coconut oil and Mac is now "addicted" to it, seriously, I ran out for his breakfast yesterday and he just didn't eat. I could here his belly rumbling all day! His coat has always been lovely but now Cleo's is awesome! Sooooooo soft to pet and a couple of flank spots that were thin are all filled in. I've made a vet appt for next week to get antibiotics to clear it up and then will maintain it hopefully. Thank you!!

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yes we all deal with it as you can see! Changed over to a steel bowl, I use a hanging water bottle instead of a bowl so no drippy drool all over, clean his face every day, and when you bathe them make sure you scrub the chin. I do all this and its clearing up nicely. They were all fat and gross. lol

I'd love to see what the hanging bottle looks like, is it just a gerbil-type one?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My guy does much better with filtered water, than regular tap water. I suggest giving that a try first before switching foods, if there are no other issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
My guy does much better with filtered water, than regular tap water. I suggest giving that a try first before switching foods, if there are no other issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That sounds like a great idea, i will try that since i have one of the filtered water pitchers. thanks

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Hey there,
I also use the hanging water bottle, and it was what finally cleared up Rook's acne. He was already on Fromm Beef Fritatta and filtered water from stainless steel bowls that were constantly being washed. I was following him around 24/7 drying off his chin and applying various ointments. But the water bottle really helps because his chin stays much drier... and he also loves licking things so he loves that he can lick something and drink water at the same time.
I think I posted these on another thread, but here is our set up:
water.jpg water2.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well all of the above should help and i use duoxo pads on sarah now that i have them. it seems to really help with the redness and bumps if she gets them. she dont get the bump no more since i have her on the right diet but sometimes will still get red from outside allergies i believe. i use duoxo pads on so many things on her now so i always have them handy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.