General Question Doggie nipples

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Clara had her first heat back in November, and I know she's not pregnant, but her nipples look elongated to me (and have since the heat). Will they ever go back to normal? Here's a pic. They used to be barely noticeable. Is this just part of a maturing girl? I have never had a female that wasn't spayed early on.
uploadfromtaptalk1356055958679.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I dont know, but I did not spay the ladies until after their 2nd heat. They have nipples like that. It does not seem to be a problem at any rate. Oh great. Now I am paranoid.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This is perfectly normal. you can relax and exhale now.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is normal after a heat cycle, they will stay like that.

OP
matzwd

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Thanks, folks! I thought they would shrink back down. Believe me when I say I watched get like a hawk outside during her heat and never saw a single stay anywhere around, but I was a little bit concerned that maybe something happened while the kids were in charge that they didn't tell me about. (They were not to let her outside at all while I was gone or busy.) Her personality is developing as well, so I was inspecting her body very closely and that was all I could find. She's 10 months old now and starting to pick fights with the other fur members in the household and she's snuggling (not on our laps, just leaning on us), which she never did either of before. I was pretty sure she was just being a teenager, but I started to question that when I saw that her nipples were still bigger.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I remember being worried about this too with Emma. Right as she was going into her first heat at about 7/8 months old she had no nipples to speak of. As her heat started and progressed out they popped and they never went back in. I new then my little girl was growing up. Like [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] said, relax and breathe in now. :up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yep perfectly normal. sarahs are kinda big and i get asked if she is pregnant sometimes :blink:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: after they go into there heat they have this fake pregnancy an their nipples get bigger an they get s bigger gland under the nipple they go down a little but never back to the way they were

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Me either, I don't remember this with moms chihuahua!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online