Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
oh I just read the previous post, I don't know how I missed it. I'm glad Ellie was able to pass the string, and is feling better today. Yeah Hopefully she passed everything. You might want to continue to check her poop for a couple of days, to see if any comes out the other end. My 2 guys cant have anything in their cage, no blankets, no towels, no pillows, of any kind, because they eat everything, and they also cant have any small toys, or any soft, or stuffed toys for the same reason. the only toys they can have are Kong toys, and Nylabones.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
So far, no more vomiting and Ellie has been acting like her normal self again. Hopefully we're in the clear. Thanks everyone!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to hear Ellie is doing better the blockage situation is not a fun one, I think most of us have gone through it at this point as well. If you do end up having to take her to the vet for an x-ray make sure they do the barium one because if it is a soft tissue blockage (like fabric, sock, cloth) it will not be easy to see with a regular xray. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, just keep and eye out and make sure she continues to :poo: normally. She may have a little lack of poop being that she didn't really digest anything for a day.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Well Ellie finally decided to go :poo: and all I can say is WOW. Everything was looking great as far as it being formed and solid went until.............it wouldn't drop to the ground. So here's the ever so tiny Ellie prancing around with her back arched and a 4-5" "klingon" trailing her. So being the great bully dad that I am, I grab a couple of leaves, grab hold, and give her a hand. 8-10" (in addition to the 4-5" of klingon) of :poo: covered string and towel remnants later, we're hopefully done with this. I hope that I painted a vivid and lively picture for you guys. :tongue:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well Ellie finally decided to go :poo: and all I can say is WOW. Everything was looking great as far as it being formed and solid went until.............it wouldn't drop to the ground. So here's the ever so tiny Ellie prancing around with her back arched and a 4-5" "klingon" trailing her. So being the great bully dad that I am, I grab a couple of leaves, grab hold, and give her a hand. 8-10" (in addition to the 4-5" of klingon) of :poo: covered string and towel remnants later, we're hopefully done with this. I hope that I painted a vivid and lively picture for you guys. :tongue:

Been there!! Now watch that little hoover I know I have to watch mine like a hawk. So glad she passed it!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

yep yep, no more stringy thingy's :whew: I hope, think we have all drawn that same picture , :blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:barf: :faint:

So glad it all came out and hope she is doing better

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad to hear she passed it, it's scary when that happens. My Dozer has a thing for socks, and somehow he always finds them. He swallowed socks twice, one he threw up, the other he pooped out. It's crazy what these guys will eat, I just don't understand how they don't choke on it when they swallow stuff.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad she passed it and will start feeling better now. whew. :2thumbs:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
One piece of advice from a friend: If there are strings coming out during a #2, don't pull it out, but cut it with scissors. Pulling the string could tighten a knot around an intestine or something. I would let them pass naturally.

Remi vomits every other day, always clear. He can sometimes overwork himself and drink too much water in one sitting, and vomit a few times over a day or two. I only get nervous if it contains food particles. I called the vet once, but he told me to give it more time, and it was totally improved the next day.

(Remi has water access at all times except during the night and when he's in the crate during the day for a few hours here and there. When he was a wee little puppy, we couldn't put water in the crate because he would just knock it over. So, when we took him out every 2 hours, we would offer him water then. Over time he no longer wanted any water at all, always snubbed it, so I'm fairly certain he's not suffering in the slightest. I would definitely just feel your dog out on that one)

Most Reactions