Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vomiting

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vomiting

She woke us up around 2:30 this morning whimpering and she had just gotten sick. There in the middle of her spit up was a ball of string from where she had chewed on a towel that I had thrown out a few days ago. It was probably about as big as a quarter, or just slightly larger and about 4-6 quarters tall in height. Ever since that came up, the difference in her personality compared to last night has been night and day. She's not acting lethargic or like she doesn't feel well. I just fed her, but only gave her about half of what she normally gets for breakfast and will give her the other half in a couple of hours if she manages to keep this down. **Hopefully** that was all it was.
    “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” - Cecil Beaton

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Most likely that is exactly what was making her sick. Good thing that it came out.
    In most definedly agree with Davidh and others here with the water. Always have fresh water available, like in this case too I'm sure that with no water the piece would of just got stuck in her throat.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So happy that came out, yeah!!!! Now maybe she can get back to feeling well and to her playful self.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

how is Ellie this morning? i hope she is feeling better.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

oh I just read the previous post, I don't know how I missed it. I'm glad Ellie was able to pass the string, and is feling better today. Yeah Hopefully she passed everything. You might want to continue to check her poop for a couple of days, to see if any comes out the other end. My 2 guys cant have anything in their cage, no blankets, no towels, no pillows, of any kind, because they eat everything, and they also cant have any small toys, or any soft, or stuffed toys for the same reason. the only toys they can have are Kong toys, and Nylabones.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

So far, no more vomiting and Ellie has been acting like her normal self again. Hopefully we're in the clear. Thanks everyone!
    “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” - Cecil Beaton

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Ellie is doing better the blockage situation is not a fun one, I think most of us have gone through it at this point as well. If you do end up having to take her to the vet for an x-ray make sure they do the barium one because if it is a soft tissue blockage (like fabric, sock, cloth) it will not be easy to see with a regular xray. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, just keep and eye out and make sure she continues to normally. She may have a little lack of poop being that she didn't really digest anything for a day.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well Ellie finally decided to go and all I can say is WOW. Everything was looking great as far as it being formed and solid went until.............it wouldn't drop to the ground. So here's the ever so tiny Ellie prancing around with her back arched and a 4-5" "klingon" trailing her. So being the great bully dad that I am, I grab a couple of leaves, grab hold, and give her a hand. 8-10" (in addition to the 4-5" of klingon) of covered string and towel remnants later, we're hopefully done with this. I hope that I painted a vivid and lively picture for you guys.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spork3127 View Post
    Well Ellie finally decided to go and all I can say is WOW. Everything was looking great as far as it being formed and solid went until.............it wouldn't drop to the ground. So here's the ever so tiny Ellie prancing around with her back arched and a 4-5" "klingon" trailing her. So being the great bully dad that I am, I grab a couple of leaves, grab hold, and give her a hand. 8-10" (in addition to the 4-5" of klingon) of covered string and towel remnants later, we're hopefully done with this. I hope that I painted a vivid and lively picture for you guys.
    Been there!! Now watch that little hoover I know I have to watch mine like a hawk. So glad she passed it!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

yep yep, no more stringy thingy's I hope, think we have all drawn that same picture ,
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So glad it all came out and hope she is doing better
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear she passed it, it's scary when that happens. My Dozer has a thing for socks, and somehow he always finds them. He swallowed socks twice, one he threw up, the other he pooped out. It's crazy what these guys will eat, I just don't understand how they don't choke on it when they swallow stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads