Other Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Tried to post earlier but I think I messed up. Tomorrow is my Tooleybear's first birthday- i wasmso looking forward to it - instead she is going in for surgery. She has been rocking on her bum and whining a lot lately even though I keep her tail pocket totally clean each day and she smells wonderful. Took her to the vet - thought it might be anal glands because I noticed a metallic smell the past few days. The vet said I was doing a very good job but there was a part where her tail was curling in that is impossible to reach and he recommended surgery as the only way to keep her bottom healthy and keep her comfortable. He is a great bully vet and I trust him. He has done other bullies, 2 in the last 3 months. He said one went great and the other had to be totally removed - which is more serious. It will depend how deep it is as to how the surgery goes. I am so sad and scared for her. He is familiar with Miss T and adores her so I know he will do his best but the thought of her going under, and maybe having pain after makes me so anxious. She is sitting across my lap as I write this looking so adorable. Not a very good birthday gift! :nope:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:birthday:I'm so sorry to hear this, definetely not a good Birthday gift. But if its what's best for her, then better to do it, and then celebrate her birthday later. Is she having the surgery right on her birthday? And if so, can you maybe do the surgery a day or two later after her birthday? Wishing Miss Tallulah a very happy birthday, a good surgery, and a quick recovery. Keep us posted on her surgery. Sending you and Tallulah good wishes, thoughts and prayers. Bulldozer and Blossom send their love and Woofs too. :muah2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will keep her in our thoughts tomorrow, I'm sure it will go fine. Our Lucy had that done and it was the best thing we did for her, no more pain. Let us know how it goes and give her a birthday hug from us.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Poor baby, hope everything goes accordingly and she has wonderful results. Please keep us posted how the birthday girl does after her surgery :pouting: :daisy:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Poor girl. I'm sure in the long runs he will appreciate this birthday present when she's no longer in pain!
Sending her very special birthday wishes sealed with a slobbery kiss from Rook!

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I can't tell you how much it means to me to read all your warm and supportive messages. Just knowing there are so many of you wishing Tooleybear the best and sending her birthday wishes is so touching. OK The waterworks are about to start. YIKES! I just love her so so so much!!!The reason we are doing it right away -besides her obvious discomfort is that next week is Christmas and in we also have Boxing Day as a holiday so she wouldn't have her surgery until towards the end of the week. And we will celebrate later for sure. Acting brave so she won't know what a mess I am. Be glad when it is over. Will keep you all posted. Thank you SO much.

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
We will keep her in our thoughts tomorrow, I'm sure it will go fine. Our Lucy had that done and it was the best thing we did for her, no more pain. Let us know how it goes and give her a birthday hug from us.
Thanks so much for your message and your reassurance!!! Did Lucy have much pain from the operation? Any advice on what to expect and anything I should know?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tried to post earlier but I think I messed up. Tomorrow is my Tooleybear's first birthday- i wasmso looking forward to it - instead she is going in for surgery. She has been rocking on her bum and whining a lot lately even though I keep her tail pocket totally clean each day and she smells wonderful. Took her to the vet - thought it might be anal glands because I noticed a metallic smell the past few days. The vet said I was doing a very good job but there was a part where her tail was curling in that is impossible to reach and he recommended surgery as the only way to keep her bottom healthy and keep her comfortable. He is a great bully vet and I trust him. He has done other bullies, 2 in the last 3 months. He said one went great and the other had to be totally removed - which is more serious. It will depend how deep it is as to how the surgery goes. I am so sad and scared for her. He is familiar with Miss T and adores her so I know he will do his best but the thought of her going under, and maybe having pain after makes me so anxious. She is sitting across my lap as I write this looking so adorable. Not a very good birthday gift! :nope:

Awwww, she's your sweet baby girl...your Tooleybear...of course you're worried! All sounds as it should be, your Vet
cares, is experienced and we'll be praying over her & for a perfect operation, quick, easy then fast & painless recovery.

I've had my Brutus just about 6 months and can't imagine life w/out him...he makes me so happy, makes me laugh and
helps me face these challenging days and is always by my side. He has opened his great, big bully heart uncondionally to
me...it's the most precious gift I am blessed to receive and try to give him the home he deserves and is worthy of.

I...and we here...most certainly understand and may I say, what a stunning beauty your Birthday girl is!
:judges:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Keeping your little baby in our thoughts here! I know how you feel, but she will be just great!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4570]Tooleysmom[/MENTION] yes it is a pretty painful procedure, but she made it through OK, just keep it clean and watch for infection is about all you need to do. But once it heals you baby will be a much happier bully.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thionking of you, sending positive thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted please. Happy Birthday......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.