Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

Tried to post earlier but I think I messed up. Tomorrow is my Tooleybear's first birthday- i wasmso looking forward to it - instead she is going in for surgery. She has been rocking on her bum and whining a lot lately even though I keep her tail pocket totally clean each day and she smells wonderful. Took her to the vet - thought it might be anal glands because I noticed a metallic smell the past few days. The vet said I was doing a very good job but there was a part where her tail was curling in that is impossible to reach and he recommended surgery as the only way to keep her bottom healthy and keep her comfortable. He is a great bully vet and I trust him. He has done other bullies, 2 in the last 3 months. He said one went great and the other had to be totally removed - which is more serious. It will depend how deep it is as to how the surgery goes. I am so sad and scared for her. He is familiar with Miss T and adores her so I know he will do his best but the thought of her going under, and maybe having pain after makes me so anxious. She is sitting across my lap as I write this looking so adorable. Not a very good birthday gift!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

I'm so sorry to hear this, definetely not a good Birthday gift. But if its what's best for her, then better to do it, and then celebrate her birthday later. Is she having the surgery right on her birthday? And if so, can you maybe do the surgery a day or two later after her birthday? Wishing Miss Tallulah a very happy birthday, a good surgery, and a quick recovery. Keep us posted on her surgery. Sending you and Tallulah good wishes, thoughts and prayers. Bulldozer and Blossom send their love and Woofs too.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

We will keep her in our thoughts tomorrow, I'm sure it will go fine. Our Lucy had that done and it was the best thing we did for her, no more pain. Let us know how it goes and give her a birthday hug from us.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Awwww poor little girl. Definitely not a happy birthday. Will be thinking of her.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby, hope everything goes accordingly and she has wonderful results. Please keep us posted how the birthday girl does after her surgery
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Poor Baby..we will keep her close. She won't know her was postponed. Let us know as soon as you can please!

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Poor girl. I'm sure in the long runs he will appreciate this birthday present when she's no longer in pain!
    Sending her very special birthday wishes sealed with a slobbery kiss from Rook!

Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I can't tell you how much it means to me to read all your warm and supportive messages. Just knowing there are so many of you wishing Tooleybear the best and sending her birthday wishes is so touching. OK The waterworks are about to start. YIKES! I just love her so so so much!!!The reason we are doing it right away -besides her obvious discomfort is that next week is Christmas and in we also have Boxing Day as a holiday so she wouldn't have her surgery until towards the end of the week. And we will celebrate later for sure. Acting brave so she won't know what a mess I am. Be glad when it is over. Will keep you all posted. Thank you SO much.

Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    We will keep her in our thoughts tomorrow, I'm sure it will go fine. Our Lucy had that done and it was the best thing we did for her, no more pain. Let us know how it goes and give her a birthday hug from us.
    Thanks so much for your message and your reassurance!!! Did Lucy have much pain from the operation? Any advice on what to expect and anything I should know?

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tooleysmom View Post
    Tried to post earlier but I think I messed up. Tomorrow is my Tooleybear's first birthday- i wasmso looking forward to it - instead she is going in for surgery. She has been rocking on her bum and whining a lot lately even though I keep her tail pocket totally clean each day and she smells wonderful. Took her to the vet - thought it might be anal glands because I noticed a metallic smell the past few days. The vet said I was doing a very good job but there was a part where her tail was curling in that is impossible to reach and he recommended surgery as the only way to keep her bottom healthy and keep her comfortable. He is a great bully vet and I trust him. He has done other bullies, 2 in the last 3 months. He said one went great and the other had to be totally removed - which is more serious. It will depend how deep it is as to how the surgery goes. I am so sad and scared for her. He is familiar with Miss T and adores her so I know he will do his best but the thought of her going under, and maybe having pain after makes me so anxious. She is sitting across my lap as I write this looking so adorable. Not a very good birthday gift!
    Awwww, she's your sweet baby girl...your Tooleybear...of course you're worried! All sounds as it should be, your Vet
    cares, is experienced and we'll be praying over her & for a perfect operation, quick, easy then fast & painless recovery.

I've had my Brutus just about 6 months and can't imagine life w/out him...he makes me so happy, makes me laugh and
    helps me face these challenging days and is always by my side. He has opened his great, big bully heart uncondionally to
    me...it's the most precious gift I am blessed to receive and try to give him the home he deserves and is worthy of.

I...and we here...most certainly understand and may I say, what a stunning beauty your Birthday girl is!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Keeping your little baby in our thoughts here! I know how you feel, but she will be just great!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Hope all goes well and please keep us updated!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads