Other Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Came here to check in w/Tooleybears recovery progress.

Oh my, she looks so sad, it hurts me to look at her lil skinned bottom...Ouch!
:crying:

You did right to get that dang thang out, it's a great sign she's giving butt wiggles.

Thank you so much for my gift
:christmas35:...​Merry Christmas, Y'all

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Tooleybear slept peacefully all night. But threw up her breakfast and still has very soft stool but now less leakage from her bum. Now she is starting to feel very uncomfortable pacing, whining and growling at every imagined sound. Cannot get her to take her (big) pain pill. She should have one each morning. Have tried straight pill -supposed to have a beef flavour dogs love.... nope. Tried mixing in various pieces of food, cheese, tried crushing it (not sure that was even a good idea if it is time release) into honey, salmon and even yogurt and hand feeding. Nothing is working. Does anyone have suggestions?

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
What a pickle! It's seems like you've tried everything... Only thing I can suggest is try hiding it in liverwurst. It always worked for the pups we had to feed pills to when I worked at a kennel in hs. No one ever turned it down. Good luck!

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
What a pickle! It's seems like you've tried everything... Only thing I can suggest is try hiding it in liverwurst. It always worked for the pups we had to feed pills to when I worked at a kennel in hs. No one ever turned it down. Good luck!
It worked!!!! Thanks so much. I checked to make sure I could break up the pill - silly me- the vet said of course you can break it up if it is chewable -:rolleyes:sometimes I feel like such a dough head :yes:- She loved the liver, ate the pill up, and an hour later laid down and slept for the rest of the afternoon. Now she is full of mischief. I need to keep her from running and playing. But it is a good sign. I will continue to keep her bottom clean and watch to make sure there is no infection. Stitches come out in 2 weeks. This was a pretty major undertaking and I am glad the worst is over. Thank you to everyone. What an amazing bunch you all are!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw thats so good you got her to eat it. i find it for sarah is has to be in something where she cant smell it if she smells the pill she wont eat it. i used canned food but i guess anything that would hide the smell and pill would be good. :2thumbs:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
It worked!!!! Thanks so much. I checked to make sure I could break up the pill - silly me- the vet said of course you can break it up if it is chewable -:rolleyes:sometimes I feel like such a dough head :yes:- She loved the liver, ate the pill up, and an hour later laid down and slept for the rest of the afternoon. Now she is full of mischief. I need to keep her from running and playing. But it is a good sign. I will continue to keep her bottom clean and watch to make sure there is no infection. Stitches come out in 2 weeks. This was a pretty major undertaking and I am glad the worst is over. Thank you to everyone. What an amazing bunch you all are!

Yea! I'm glad I could finally help someone on here! And I'm super glad she is feeling better! :)

A

Alaskasmom1

I've been following your story with your baby. This is something Tank may someday face. Just want to send hugs and prayers...hopefully things will all be normal very soon.

Members online

No members online now.