Other Miss Tallulah going for surgery tomorrow morning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah.... poor Tallulah! Hugs, prayer and postivie thoughts.

Happy Birthday sweetie.... feel beeter soon

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Happy Birthday to you Miss Tallulah! I know it isn't the best of presents right away, but in the long run you'll be much happier! Winston sends slobbery kisses and get well soon wishes to you.

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
My Tooleybear just got out of surgery an hour ago. She came through it very well. Just stepped out of the hospital to have a coffee and find wifi so I could update you all. Just knowing all of you care so much and the reassurance from Davidh ( thank you!!!) helped me through this morning. The vet brought her little tail out to me ( all bloody and stumpy - so sad) and he showed me that it had some kinks that we weren't even aware of digging into her - it must have been just miserable for her. Poor little sweetie. He also is giving her 2 antibiotic injections to ensure she has the best chance of not getting infected while she is healing. So I know we did the right thing and she will soon be pain free. Will wait until the stitches are out in 2 weeks before celebrating her birthday. But the best birthday gift is knowing she is going to be better than ever once this is over:). So thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your love and support. I am going to take my little fur baby home in a few hours and give her lots of lovins'.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear it went well! Give her a huge smooch from me!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy everything went well, once she heals, she will be a happy little girl, with no pain from her tail. :2thumbs:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh this is great news, see, you did the right thing with that crocked little tail. such a good bully mum you are. She's gonna be just fine. we'll celebrate her birthday right. :2thumbs:

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Tough night last night. Poor Miss Tallulah cried all the way home and couldn't get comfortable. Also had a little diarrhea and some anal leaking and kept wanting to go out because she never potties in the house. It is about 10 below F and lots of snow and had to carry my 60 lb baby up and down the stairs for the first 4 hours because she was wobbling from the morphine. But she was able to poop and pee so the plumbing is working. :clap2: We both finally fell asleep about 2 a.m. She woke me up at 5:30 -had a little potty, and I gave her a pain pill. She wouldn't sit or lay down and paced back and forth crying until 8:30. She could not get comfortable. Created a bed out of pillows and blankets on the floor and sat on it - after 3 hours she finally curled up beside me and fell asleep. I am trying to stay very quiet so hopefully she can have some healing sleep. I hope and pray tonight is a little better for her. :pray: Here is a pic of her tail-less behind and resting on the couch. Poor little sweetie. Thank you all for being here and for all your support for me and my little sad Tooleybear. It means so much to have a community that understands how I feel.

9k=
9k=

Attachments

• tail.JPG
    tail.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 49
  • T couch.JPG
    T couch.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 43

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm sorry I missed this but I am glad she is home being loved where she belongs. I know that surgery is a lot, my foster Elvis is facing it next week. She will be back to her normal self in no time.

Give her a hug from Otis and me :)

M

mabel lou

Well then I am not going to say happy bday until she is feeling better so I am just gonna pretend it is not right now. Hope your baby recovers quickly and I hope you are comforted knowing that she is with someone who will care for her medical needs just as much as you care for her. Til then we will say prayers for you and yours. God bless and we will say happy birthday to her soon enough.

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I'm sorry I missed this but I am glad she is home being loved where she belongs. I know that surgery is a lot, my foster Elvis is facing it next week. She will be back to her normal self in no time.

Give her a hug from Otis and me :)
Hugs given. She had a terrible night but now she is doing her bully wiggle and I have to keep her from running and jumping. Good luck with Elvis next week!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Glad that she could all ready manage a wiggle, that's good sign. Sending positive healing thoughts!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im late to this but im glad that she is better now and it seems the worst if over. i know how it is for them to not be able to get comfortable and you cant do anything. well she will be much better now and we are here giving you and her hugs. :2thumbs:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I agree, not an awesome birthday present, but honestly, maybe it is. Living in pain is no way to live. Wishing you and your bully a fast recovery. keep us posted??

Staff online

Members online