General Question New Bully Pup Doesn't Seem To Drink much

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Or eat either. Granted he's only been here a day.I'm more worried about the water intake than the food intake.
Thoughts?
Thank you

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you elaborate a bit on how much he has had? He could be stressing out but I would be very concerned if he is NOT eating or drinking.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
how old is Angus and how much are you feeding him each day and do you just leave fresh water out all day for him? sometimes I will give my dogs ice-cubes to make sure they are getting enough to drink (normally in the summer when it's hot) but you could offer an ice-cube and see how he reacts to it. Plus if he has only been there for one day it would somewhat normal, he is still trying to adjust to his new living arrangements everything is new and different, takes time to settle in. good luck!!

OP
E

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
I wasn't home much today, but was told he ate more than yesterday---The first day.
Just a couple licks of water that I've seen.

I'll give him some time...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
To make sure he is not in any danger you can check his temperature. Use a thermometer (rectally) it should be between 99-101 degrees F. Try giving some ice cubes too, bullies love those.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hoping he will drink and eat more tomorrow as he becomes more accustom to his new home. Plus leave water for him 24/7, even in his crate, if you are crate training.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I remember Mocha didnt drink much when I first got her. But she has always been a good eater. Like the others say ,always leave a bowl filled with fresh clean water.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
And try not to fill a bowl too deep. Not much more than an inch or so in his water dish until he is bigger if he is 8-10 weeks right now and check it often to make sure there is always fresh water. It is important to keep it where your little fur baby has 24/7 access to it. Hopefully he will adjust quickly and do what Bullies do best - eat! And drink great slobbering mouthfuls. Good luck!

OP
E

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Last night he started drinking.. And eating. Looks like he's making up for lost time. Thank you all for the input. We will make sure to monitor him. Though all seems well. This is a great site. So much info and passion for a wonderful dog

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Next you will be asking when they stop eating and drinking.. LOL... Glad the little fella is doing both now. :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHAHAHAHAAHA, how true is that! Buster will barely touch his water during the day but right around 6 every night he will stand there and drink for seems like forever, at least a good 3 minutes and then let the drooling begin!!! LOL!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.