Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've never seen this before, but if I had to guess, I would say, an allergic reaction of some sort. Maybe to Food? Maybe someone on here will recognize the rash and be able to help you. I hope you figure it out, and can clear it up, it loos sore poor guy. Maybe your vet can help with what it is, or can give you something to clear it up. Good luck

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't add to what has already been suggested as the cause. I too am a Fromm feeder, and can't recommend it enough. I suggest you get Momma on a Fromm grain free food from the 4* range, and transition the puppies on to Fromm Gold Puppy as soon as you are able to :yes:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I cannot say enough good things about fromm! I would change food asap!

OP
Zapien

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] [MENTION=6424]Tank1023[/MENTION]

Where do you guys purchase Fromm? I don't have a local Fromm food distributor locally.

I understand that Fromm is expensive and willing to make the purchase for my bullies health. Ifa you purchase off a website, where have you found it to be the least expensive?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Baconator @Davidh @sweetpeasmom2008 @kazzy220 @Tank1023

Where do you guys purchase Fromm? I don't have a local Fromm food distributor locally.

I understand that Fromm is expensive and willing to make the purchase for my bullies health. Ifa you purchase off a website, where have you found it to be the least expensive?

Petflow.... you get free shipping by entering the code english bulldog news

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Also Zapien, if purchasing locally is important to you, try your local Co-op. often they will order it for you. Mine started carrying Fromm (at the same price point as Pet Flow) but not our flavor and they now specially order it for me. I call on a Friday and have it in my hands on a Monday.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Asking a question to the experts, since I don't know.... but do females go through hormone shift that would set off the acne after having puppies, like so many of them go through hormone increases during their puppy/teen phase?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Asking a question to the experts, since I don't know.... but do females go through hormone shift that would set off the acne after having puppies, like so many of them go through hormone increases during their puppy/teen phase?

I don't know for sure, but it sounds a reasonable assumption to make!! I'm going to tag [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] to see what their experience has been.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@Baconator @Davidh @sweetpeasmom2008 @kazzy220 @Tank1023

I found a Fromm distributor that wasn't actually listed on the Fromm website!! :blink: However, until I discovered this local store I always used PetFlow and was EXTREMELY happy with them! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As far as their hormones go yes they can change after pups. Plus we buy FROMM from two different places here, one is a specialty pet food store and the other is a feed store. The advantages about buying from them instead of PetFlow is if they do not like it or do well on a certain protein, you can return the unused food and they will exchange it or give you a refund. PetFlow will not take it back.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Hi. just a thought since kibble to kibble transition has to be done slowly, you may want to completely stop her kibble and start on a homemade diet of broiled ground beef and rice/veg's. Her chin would probably improve in 48 hours off the kibble. Once her allergies settle down, you can slowly switch her to one of the dog foods people have recommended.

Camsmom

Dec 6, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Camden
Camden had this exact thing. It pops or is open then it scabs up. I got rid of all toys that had cloth on them and we all wipe his mouth after anyone sees him drink or eat. The bumps cleared up and never came back. Hope your baby gets better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.