Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Get her and you pups on a good food. We put our pups on FROMM Puppy Gold. That's most of your problem is the food. Plus if you are not using this already, feed them out of stainless steel bowls and not plastic. keep the underside of her mouth clean and dry and this should go away soon.

Yes...no plastic bowls...only stainless steel, glass or ceramic (sealed) and keep them very clean, both eating & drinking bowls.

When I had multiple dogs, I would look for garage sales and would buy large, stainless steel pots (not with the non stick inside) or
    ​glass bowls...cheaper than the pet stores especially if you need the large ones for adult dogs [replacer_img]

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zapien View Post
    I was looking into Taste of the Wild and I will be switching this week. The only reason i switched Nihya over was because of her puppies. I also noticed Nihya have more "discharge" in her ears. I'm assuming this is yeast and all because of the food. Her face looks a bit more red/pink and I'm thinking its due to allergies.

Should i switch the puppies over to different food or leave them on puppy Pro Plan for now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You have gotten some great advise, so I don't have anything to add. Just checking in.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brittany
    Likes (Received)

First of all, I personally would not feed any of the food you are using to any pet. It's certainly not a 5 or 6 star rated food. if you can buy it in a grocery store, then it is not 5 or 6 star food. Try a high grade, high quality food that actually has real meat as a FIRST ingredient. Merrick. Orijen. Fromm. Next, chin acne is caused from pores being blocked and becoming infected. It's just like human acne. Are you feeding your dog wet food, food with gravy, or any type of topping other than dry kibble? If so, do you wash off the dog's chin after every meal? If not, you need to. Anyone with a dirty and greasy face is going to get infected zits. Try to keep the area clean and dry - especially after every meal.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I've never seen this before, but if I had to guess, I would say, an allergic reaction of some sort. Maybe to Food? Maybe someone on here will recognize the rash and be able to help you. I hope you figure it out, and can clear it up, it loos sore poor guy. Maybe your vet can help with what it is, or can give you something to clear it up. Good luck
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I can't add to what has already been suggested as the cause. I too am a Fromm feeder, and can't recommend it enough. I suggest you get Momma on a Fromm grain free food from the 4* range, and transition the puppies on to Fromm Gold Puppy as soon as you are able to

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I cannot say enough good things about fromm! I would change food asap!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nihya
    Likes (Received)

@Baconator @Davidh @sweetpeasmom2008 @kazzy220 @Tank1023

Where do you guys purchase Fromm? I don't have a local Fromm food distributor locally.

I understand that Fromm is expensive and willing to make the purchase for my bullies health. Ifa you purchase off a website, where have you found it to be the least expensive?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Where do you guys purchase Fromm? I don't have a local Fromm food distributor locally.

I understand that Fromm is expensive and willing to make the purchase for my bullies health. Ifa you purchase off a website, where have you found it to be the least expensive?

Petflow.... you get free shipping by entering the code english bulldog news
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Also Zapien, if purchasing locally is important to you, try your local Co-op. often they will order it for you. Mine started carrying Fromm (at the same price point as Pet Flow) but not our flavor and they now specially order it for me. I call on a Friday and have it in my hands on a Monday.
    I am a master at planking......

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Asking a question to the experts, since I don't know.... but do females go through hormone shift that would set off the acne after having puppies, like so many of them go through hormone increases during their puppy/teen phase?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thesspa View Post
    Asking a question to the experts, since I don't know.... but do females go through hormone shift that would set off the acne after having puppies, like so many of them go through hormone increases during their puppy/teen phase?
    I don't know for sure, but it sounds a reasonable assumption to make!! I'm going to tag @desertskybulldogs and @Davidh to see what their experience has been.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I found a Fromm distributor that wasn't actually listed on the Fromm website!! However, until I discovered this local store I always used PetFlow and was EXTREMELY happy with them! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads