Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily vomiting

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Default Daily vomiting

Lovely eb lovers.
    Sorry for being away for awile i try to participate no only for my own problems but for everyone. I am in need in help

A short story of his bakground problems

We started with kibbles royal canine and it was a disaster , diareha vomiting etc ... Than i switched to grain free kibbles and had less problems but hot spots occurred , i have been researching for a lot of things after trying multiple kibbles with different protein sources i gave raw feeding a try , everything was good for awile than , it recently he got demodex and lots of vet visits cost me more than 1-2k in a priod of 4 months , now he is on invecdamien i think that is what i wascalled to cure the demodex , right now the demodex is almost gone but the dosage is kinda hgh comparing before , vet suggested me togive him some gastro with his food but i did not do that and kept feedig raw patties with cottage cheese etc but i did use fortiflora to boost his immune system and omegas .
    I know he doesnt react good to turkey so i took that out of his diet , chicken i am not quite sure. But i sometimes give him chicken patties raw food , he usually gets beef patties wich was fine for monthes , recently he is puking every day alittlebit of the food and eating that back so i am trying not to make him eat back what he vomits , the vomit is usually small pieces of his food .

The vet insist on putting him back on kibble hypoalergic royal canine stuf but i insist on sticking with raw food , i swe the difference with my own eyes
    Everything became better
    I have ordered salmon patties to see how he acts on them but it takes 2 weeks to arrive .

We did xrays nothing on his stomach ...

He is 8 month and i just want him to be perfectly healthy !

Today his vomit was a bit strange -imageuploadedbytapatalk1355795071-838279-jpg
    Usually its just small food pieces

I take the patties out off freezer the night before and feed it during the day , he is about 42lbs and i feed him sbout 1,5 lbs of patties a day , each pattie i divide it to half so he doesnt eat it very quick , wait till he digest abit and give the other half later on .

What is wrong with him ?

Kibble doesnt work i have tried fromm , blue and other grain free high end kibbles supposibly great ingredients .

I also give him multi vitamins omegas and glucosamine on daily basis

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Everything is normal , perfect poop , plays well , energy level good , eats and drinks well no doareha

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Looks like bile, how many times a day does he eat?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

3 times ... One around 8 am one around 2pm and one at 9:30 some veggies fruits time to time ... Nothing bad

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily vomiting

It could be chicken, grains, corn, salmon, my Blossom is allergic to all of these, but is doing well on Fromms Beef. you could also go down to 2 feedings a day as he is now 8 months old. i switched my 2 to twice a day feedings when they were 7 months old, you can give him 1 1/2 cups in the morning, and 1 1/2 cups in the evening. When did he start throwing up? and how long has he been doing it? Are you sure he hasnt swallowed something without you knowing? My male Dozer throws up when he swallows stuff, he swallowed a sock, and a bone on different occassions, and threw up after. If he keeps vomiting, you could try the bland diet, and see if his stomach settles, and just keep an eye on him. I hope it's nothing serious and it passes, keep us posted on how he's doing.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sausage
    Likes (Received)

My first bully had a slew of health issues before he was 1. Demodex(sp) mange, vomiting, hot spots etc... I tried all different foods then he turned 1 and everything went away. My vet says bullies immune systems take a while to catch up. Tank lived to be over 12 years old.
    Jax, my other bully vomited his whole life, most of the time it was because he ate so fast then drank a lot of water after eating. He was my puker. One thing I would suggest he gets checked for is pancreatitis. Jax did eventually get it and was not good. He was vomiting much worse and at the age of 10 he didn't survive it.
    my current bully sausage does vomit occasionally but not too frequently.
    Hope all works out for you guys!
    My boys are playing in Heaven
    Jax on the left Tank on the right

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Should i try giving some pepcid? Would fortiflora might have any side effects? I couldnt find anything ...

The fact that he doednt have diareha or is sick makes me think about acid reflux ...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tank1023 View Post
    My first bully had a slew of health issues before he was 1. Demodex(sp) mange, vomiting, hot spots etc... I tried all different foods then he turned 1 and everything went away. My vet says bullies immune systems take a while to catch up. Tank lived to be over 12 years old.
    Jax, my other bully vomited his whole life, most of the time it was because he ate so fast then drank a lot of water after eating. He was my puker. One thing I would suggest he gets checked for is pancreatitis. Jax did eventually get it and was not good. He was vomiting much worse and at the age of 10 he didn't survive it.
    my current bully sausage does vomit occasionally but not too frequently.
    Hope all works out for you guys!
    Thanks it looks like we have been trough same things , i will ask about pancraitis if they checked it if not i will make it happen soon ! Other than that is it normal? I mean what should i do ?
    Vet visits shrunk my wallet a lot ! Recently !

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    It could be chicken, grains, corn, salmon, my Blossom is allergic to all of these, but is doing well on Fromms Beef. you could also go down to 2 feedings a day as he is now 8 months old. i switched my 2 to twice a day feedings when they were 7 months old, you can give him 1 1/2 cups in the morning, and 1 1/2 cups in the evening. When did he start throwing up? and how long has he been doing it? Are you sure he hasnt swallowed something without you knowing? My male Dozer throws up when he swallows stuff, he swallowed a sock, and a bone on different occassions, and threw up after. If he keeps vomiting, you could try the bland diet, and see if his stomach settles, and just keep an eye on him. I hope it's nothing serious and it passes, keep us posted on how he's doing.
    Viking i
    Have him on raw food so no grains etc
    ... Thanks for the wishes

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Deniztokcan View Post
    Should i try giving some pepcid? Would fortiflora might have any side effects? I couldnt find anything ...

The fact that he doednt have diareha or is sick makes me think about acid reflux ...
    yes you can give him pepcid 1 pill a day. i would not think the fotiflora would have any side effects but these are bullies after all. you could try sticking with the beef patties and feeding a smaller amount more often for a bit. i would maybe cut out the cottage cheese and anything else you are giving except the fortiflora and multivitamin. then when he feels better you can add them back in one at a time. you may want to see bout the ivermectin dosage to if this keeps up. keep us posted.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Hi there! My Linus used to vomit a little bit every day just like this and it was always in the morning. Turns out, a little snack before bed did the trick because when his tummy was too empty, it seemed like the stomach acid would bubble up and make him sick. So maybe try a little snack for your bully and see if that gets rid of the problem. Good luck!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads