URGENT!!! Daily vomiting

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Lovely eb lovers.
Sorry for being away for awile i try to participate no only for my own problems but for everyone. I am in need in help

A short story of his bakground problems

We started with kibbles royal canine and it was a disaster , diareha vomiting etc ... Than i switched to grain free kibbles and had less problems but hot spots occurred , i have been researching for a lot of things after trying multiple kibbles with different protein sources i gave raw feeding a try , everything was good for awile than , it recently he got demodex and lots of vet visits cost me more than 1-2k in a priod of 4 months , now he is on invecdamien i think that is what i wascalled to cure the demodex , right now the demodex is almost gone but the dosage is kinda hgh comparing before , vet suggested me togive him some gastro with his food but i did not do that and kept feedig raw patties with cottage cheese etc but i did use fortiflora to boost his immune system and omegas .
I know he doesnt react good to turkey so i took that out of his diet , chicken i am not quite sure. But i sometimes give him chicken patties raw food , he usually gets beef patties wich was fine for monthes , recently he is puking every day alittlebit of the food and eating that back so i am trying not to make him eat back what he vomits , the vomit is usually small pieces of his food .

The vet insist on putting him back on kibble hypoalergic royal canine stuf but i insist on sticking with raw food , i swe the difference with my own eyes
Everything became better
I have ordered salmon patties to see how he acts on them but it takes 2 weeks to arrive .

We did xrays nothing on his stomach ...

He is 8 month and i just want him to be perfectly healthy !

Today his vomit was a bit strange ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355795071.838279.jpg
Usually its just small food pieces

I take the patties out off freezer the night before and feed it during the day , he is about 42lbs and i feed him sbout 1,5 lbs of patties a day , each pattie i divide it to half so he doesnt eat it very quick , wait till he digest abit and give the other half later on .

What is wrong with him ?

Kibble doesnt work i have tried fromm , blue and other grain free high end kibbles supposibly great ingredients .

I also give him multi vitamins omegas and glucosamine on daily basis

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like bile, how many times a day does he eat?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It could be chicken, grains, corn, salmon, my Blossom is allergic to all of these, but is doing well on Fromms Beef. you could also go down to 2 feedings a day as he is now 8 months old. i switched my 2 to twice a day feedings when they were 7 months old, you can give him 1 1/2 cups in the morning, and 1 1/2 cups in the evening. When did he start throwing up? and how long has he been doing it? Are you sure he hasnt swallowed something without you knowing? My male Dozer throws up when he swallows stuff, he swallowed a sock, and a bone on different occassions, and threw up after. If he keeps vomiting, you could try the bland diet, and see if his stomach settles, and just keep an eye on him. I hope it's nothing serious and it passes, keep us posted on how he's doing.

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
My first bully had a slew of health issues before he was 1. Demodex(sp) mange, vomiting, hot spots etc... I tried all different foods then he turned 1 and everything went away. My vet says bullies immune systems take a while to catch up. Tank lived to be over 12 years old.
Jax, my other bully vomited his whole life, most of the time it was because he ate so fast then drank a lot of water after eating. He was my puker. One thing I would suggest he gets checked for is pancreatitis. Jax did eventually get it and was not good. He was vomiting much worse and at the age of 10 he didn't survive it.
my current bully sausage does vomit occasionally but not too frequently.
Hope all works out for you guys!

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Should i try giving some pepcid? Would fortiflora might have any side effects? I couldnt find anything ...

The fact that he doednt have diareha or is sick makes me think about acid reflux ...

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
My first bully had a slew of health issues before he was 1. Demodex(sp) mange, vomiting, hot spots etc... I tried all different foods then he turned 1 and everything went away. My vet says bullies immune systems take a while to catch up. Tank lived to be over 12 years old.
Jax, my other bully vomited his whole life, most of the time it was because he ate so fast then drank a lot of water after eating. He was my puker. One thing I would suggest he gets checked for is pancreatitis. Jax did eventually get it and was not good. He was vomiting much worse and at the age of 10 he didn't survive it.
my current bully sausage does vomit occasionally but not too frequently.
Hope all works out for you guys!

Thanks it looks like we have been trough same things , i will ask about pancraitis if they checked it if not i will make it happen soon ! Other than that is it normal? I mean what should i do ?
Vet visits shrunk my wallet a lot ! Recently :(!

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
It could be chicken, grains, corn, salmon, my Blossom is allergic to all of these, but is doing well on Fromms Beef. you could also go down to 2 feedings a day as he is now 8 months old. i switched my 2 to twice a day feedings when they were 7 months old, you can give him 1 1/2 cups in the morning, and 1 1/2 cups in the evening. When did he start throwing up? and how long has he been doing it? Are you sure he hasnt swallowed something without you knowing? My male Dozer throws up when he swallows stuff, he swallowed a sock, and a bone on different occassions, and threw up after. If he keeps vomiting, you could try the bland diet, and see if his stomach settles, and just keep an eye on him. I hope it's nothing serious and it passes, keep us posted on how he's doing.

Viking i
Have him on raw food so no grains etc
... Thanks for the wishes

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Should i try giving some pepcid? Would fortiflora might have any side effects? I couldnt find anything ...

The fact that he doednt have diareha or is sick makes me think about acid reflux ...
yes you can give him pepcid 1 pill a day. i would not think the fotiflora would have any side effects but these are bullies after all. you could try sticking with the beef patties and feeding a smaller amount more often for a bit. i would maybe cut out the cottage cheese and anything else you are giving except the fortiflora and multivitamin. then when he feels better you can add them back in one at a time. you may want to see bout the ivermectin dosage to if this keeps up. keep us posted.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi there! My Linus used to vomit a little bit every day just like this and it was always in the morning. Turns out, a little snack before bed did the trick because when his tummy was too empty, it seemed like the stomach acid would bubble up and make him sick. So maybe try a little snack for your bully and see if that gets rid of the problem. Good luck!

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Thanks ... I feed him before bed some small snacks so i think that is not the peoblem as talking for ivecmedin , that might be the problem as he is on the liquid form and we gradually upped the dose to 1ml , it got worse so i took him to vet and he sugested me to switch the liquid into injectables once a week ... His demodex is getting much better but. Just hope he doesnt vomit . We will see how it is going to be after tomorrow as he is going to get a shot tomorrow so il update yall in coupledays

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I was going to say acid reflux which sounds like what you described but not so much the bile I think. Cutty had it for a bit years back and he would regurgitate his food randomly but not throw up the bile. But they can get sick and 1 time throwing up bile certainly isn't extreme either. Now you say you had X-rays and nothing in his tummy BUT would something as basic as paper towel show up in an X-ray? I am not sure but I think maybe not? Cutty ate a paper towel, has been known to eat undwear, baby wipes, tissues etc. I didn't know he ate the paper towel but he startd randomly spitting up his food. A couple days later he threw up bile and then finally threw up what I am sure was a paper towel. Not chewed up in small pieces but a whole, long and rolled up paper towel. :( maybe something like this?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.