Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diarrhea, now bland diet, how long til poop's normal?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Diarrhea, now bland diet, how long til poop's normal?

I found this morning that Toby coughed up about a 4 inch a hairball with pieces of bark and fuzz from a stuffed animal. The diameter was about the size of his normal poop about an inch I would guess. Does this sound like what could have caused his diarrhea? He still had diarrhea yesterday (oatmeal consistency).

Thanks,

Randy

Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)

He has now had regular pooh for the last 2 days so it seems the hairball was the biggest problem. He now seems to want to lick/itch is butt so I don't know if that is because it is irritated a little still and the more solid pooh is bugging him or if there is another issue. Any ideas? It is sad that he can't reach.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Randy! Glad things are getting better. That behavior sounds like either the anal glands need to be expressed,he has an irritated booty, or maybe a tail pocket issue. Have you checked to see if he has a tail pocket?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)

He has a pocket there and noticed he has some crusties. I am going to give him a bath today. I usually try and give him one once every week or two but with the holidays and and work it is going on 3 weeks so I feel bad. I tried him back on the BG Merrick Salmon and after a day of that his poop was soft again so I quick that completely and today it was mostly solid. I am headed out to get the Merrick Grain Free Duck today and start the transition. With our Shih-tzu not liking it either it makes me wonder. I got a call from Merrick today (left a message a few days ago) and they had me check the expiration which is April 2013. Not sure if that is an issue being close but either way I am hoping it will be better with Duck which he has had and likes. I will wait a few days before starting him on it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads