Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin Allergies? First time owner questions

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gizmo and Hershey forever in my heart
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Skin Allergies? First time owner questions

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoMets View Post
    Thanks guys, this is some really good advice. I never thought about switching him over to a bland diet (never even heard of that before).
    Can I start that immediately or should I phase it in?
    It looks like it could consist of white rice and boiled chicken breast. Or maybe frozen vegetables instead of the rice. Would the rice be bad for him though since so many people on here say they keep their dog on a grain free diet?
    If it is a food allergy how long should I expect it to take to clear up?

RaRett, with the ACV solution, I can make enough so he stands in it in the tub, as far as rubbing him down with it, should i leave it on him or rinse it off with water. If rinsing off how long should i leave it on him first? He has a strong "old dog" smell to him. I'm not sure what causes that but figured it was all part of his skin condition.

Bulldogs4me, He does have a tight tail pocket. I've been using baby wipes on him every time he goes to the bathroom to clean him up. His stool has been soft ever since we got him so he makes quite a mess. Any other suggestions?
    I have a 8 cup measuring cup, that has a flat bottom, and I make a batch and have Gizmo stand in it 1 paw at a time, and then I massage her feet, to make sure that its getting all through out the area. I then just dry off the excess.

ty @Baconator

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Northern NJ
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@RaRett, sound like you give one heck of a good pedicure. Do you paint her nails after too

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Well the team has given you some great advice..... I will just wuish you luck in finding the right food for your new baby. Keep in mind, for the bland diet you can subsitute ground beef for the chicken and pasta/noodles for the rice. I say this because one of my bully's was allergic to all rice product and my girl allergic to chicken.. so I had to adjust the bland diet
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads