Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well i'm glad he is eating and not vomiting any more, plus it's good what ever he ate came out. I hope he gets back to his old self soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like you may have found the culprit, any chance he got more than one of those? Hope he is better very soon!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
What a relief! Eating drinking and pooping are all excellent signs. Sounds like you have found what upset his tummy. Dogs eat grass to settle their tummies, it helps them throw up. Throwing up is not as gross for a dog as it is for us. And as long as they get fluids and can go potty they are likely going to be just fine. Pepto-B is great for controlling nausea and upset tummy in dogs. My last dog had colitis so Pepto-B really helped her when she was nauseated and had diarrhea. The poop might look a little blackish after taking the medicine but it is nothing to worry about-the pepto seems to cause it and once it has passed through the system the poop will be a normal colour again.

OP
Deanna1489

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Well Otis seems to finally be back to his normal self. Thank Goodness. We had a Christmas party at our home this evening and he was feeling a little too much better. He was jumping and playing with everyone. Still not sure what it was he ate but I plan to search the back yard when it stops raining. I sure don't want him to find it again. It is good to know about the black poops because of the Pepto. I could just see me freaking out about that.

Thanks for all the help, concerns and prayers. It is nice to know there are others there to help me through when my baby has issues.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear he got his spunk back!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm glad to hear Otis is feeling better, and seems to have passed what ever was bugging his tummy. Yeah

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad otis is feeling better now. whew these babies can give us a scare.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.