Help Needed! Is this a hot spot

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hopefully this works https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref...t_count=1&ref=bookmark&__user=100002240019007

if that link worked I found that on her early this morning and while scratching her belly I actually pulled a scab off n found it :( what can I clean it with (I have witch hazel, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and saline.) I know to keep it good n dry where it is she can not reach which is good. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Clean it up with some HP and then put a little Neosporin or similar product on it. Doesnt look too bad at this point. I hope that takes care of it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It looks like a staph infection, dry that area up and watch for other's to show up, keep on top of them they can spread fast. Moving around the body as new scabs appear.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It looks like a staph infection, dry that area up and watch for other's to show up, keep on top of them they can spread fast. Moving around the body as new scabs appear.

I made her a vet appointment tomorrow to get it cultured it was very dry n scabby this morning but in the early mornings she throws herself on my arm so I will cuddle her n rub her belly n I was scratching n pulled the scab off so I cut all the fur around it to expose it cleaned it up with peroxide n put some neosporin on it. There was a little bit of puss no blood and it wasn't very wet!!! I told her vet what everyone said and she said to bring her in for a culture and we'd probably get antibiotics!!!! Now the hunt begins what is she allergic to :(

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
The link doesn't work for me.
:( it's posted on the group on Facebook but I can describe it pretty well!! It's about the size of a quarter, red but not bloody it was all scabed over has what appears to be 2 tiny pimples in it that leak puss but the sore is mostly dry!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Good thing you are going to the vet, please let us know what turns up. Porky is in good hands. :2thumbs:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Looks like it could be staff or the beginning of mange, the vet skin scrape will give you an answer right away. [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I put the picture from FB below

Capture.JPG

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Soo sorry she is going throough this.Hope the vet appt goes well.... :hug:

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Looks like it could be staff or the beginning of mange, the vet skin scrape will give you an answer right away. @JeannieCO I put the picture from FB below

View attachment 32386
Thank you for posting the picture. I'm leaning more towards staph she's been having a lot of food allergies lately n when I first noticed it it was a crusty scab she's not trying to itch it n slept through me cleaning it lol so idk lol but if I'm not 100% sure what's going on n how to fix it it's right to the vet for her!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for posting the picture. I'm leaning more towards staph she's been having a lot of food allergies lately n when I first noticed it it was a crusty scab she's not trying to itch it n slept through me cleaning it lol so idk lol but if I'm not 100% sure what's going on n how to fix it it's right to the vet for her!!!!!

I agree with Sherry... looks like staph --- lots of antibiotics will clear it up. This usually shows up when the immune system is weak --- allergies?

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I agree with Sherry... looks like staph --- lots of antibiotics will clear it up. This usually shows up when the immune system is weak --- allergies?

Would allergies cause her immune system to become weak?? About 2 weeks ago she started chewing her paws n getting very yeasty n I know from here that's food allergies 101, so out went the kibbles n bits n we started feeding her blue buffalo white fish n brown rice!!! I clean her nose rope every night well Wednesday night we had a family emergency n I forgot to well Thursday morning her nose rope was beat red and caked with yeast :( that's under control but this spot has got me wanting to cry now my poor baby I'm supposed to take care of her not make her worse!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.