Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 33 of 33

Thread: Is this a hot spot

  1. #25
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    aw well im glad you got her to the vet n she will be on the road to recovery. keep us updated on how she is doing and what food you pick out.
    We are going to probably get her taste of the wild grain free salmon I think was the flavor and then give her different things like chicken n beef n see if she starts the paw biting again so far she's doing great idk if its the steroids or if whatever she was allergic to we already got out of her diet but she's got 10 times the energy now lol we were playing fetch for over an hour usually after 5 min she crashes!!!! Her sore is healing beautifully n she does her gremlin when I clean it again
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  2. #26
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    so far she's doing great idk if its the steroids or if whatever she was allergic to we already got out of her diet but she's got 10 times the energy now lol we were playing fetch for over an hour usually after 5 min she crashes!!!!
    it is the steroids... both Nitschke and Banks would bounce off the walls from them... could not tell you the last time I allowed them to be prescribed, the energy level was like they were on speed.

    Oh, and they also cover the issue ... it may not be that you removed the right items yet, just that the drug is doing it's job. I hope I am wrong, but watch her closely after the drug is out of her system for about 3 to 4 weeks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #27
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    it is the steroids... both Nitschke and Banks would bounce off the walls from them... could not tell you the last time I allowed them to be prescribed, the energy level was like they were on speed.

    Oh, and they also cover the issue ... it may not be that you removed the right items yet, just that the drug is doing it's job. I hope I am wrong, but watch her closely after the drug is out of her system for about 3 to 4 weeks
    when she gets to wound up she goes for quiet time in her room so about every 3 hours it seems like I'm putting her in there !! She seemed to only really chew her paws at night n she sleeps on my legs so that ill deffinately notice if she starts it again. Thank u so much for your advice uve helped me a lotttttt
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  4. #28
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    it is the steroids... both Nitschke and Banks would bounce off the walls from them... could not tell you the last time I allowed them to be prescribed, the energy level was like they were on speed.

    Oh, and they also cover the issue ... it may not be that you removed the right items yet, just that the drug is doing it's job. I hope I am wrong, but watch her closely after the drug is out of her system for about 3 to 4 weeks
    Question for you my dear her sore was healing beautifully until it snowed n now I've had to drain it the last 3 nights bcuz it got all swollen n filled with puss I assume its bcuz it got wet b4 it was completely healed n even though I would clean it n dry it with witch hazel I wasn't draining it do u have any suggestions on how to clean it so we don't have to do another round of steroids?? It hasn't spread at all n the sore itself doesn't appear to have gotten any bigger just yucky and pussy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  5. #29
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2731

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    We are going to probably get her taste of the wild grain free salmon I think was the flavor and then give her different things like chicken n beef n see if she starts the paw biting again so far she's doing great idk if its the steroids or if whatever she was allergic to we already got out of her diet but she's got 10 times the energy now lol we were playing fetch for over an hour usually after 5 min she crashes!!!! Her sore is healing beautifully n she does her gremlin when I clean it again
    May I suggest NOT giving her anything but TOTW Salmon for at least 1-2 months.

    That way if she reacts you know WHAT it is...a lot of bullies are allergic to chicken
    (or any poultry). No other treats during this 2 months, either.

    Strengthen her immune system w/a good prebiotic & probiotic, you can get capsules
    or use natural sources sprinkled over her food or added to her water, use filtered or
    ​distilled water for her to drink. GOD bless!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  6. #30
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    loveabully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,026
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    I hope she gets better soon good luck give her some extra kisses for all of us

  7. #31
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Is this a hot spot

    i hope she is continuing to do well.

  8. #32
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i hope she is continuing to do well.
    She's starving poor thing lol she refuses to eat her grain free food we got unless of course I pour broth over it which I try not to do all the time but she has acid reflux so letting her go a day without eating isn't good she throws up everywhere I digress lol but yes she seems to be doing better


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  9. #33
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    May I suggest NOT giving her anything but TOTW Salmon for at least 1-2 months.

    That way if she reacts you know WHAT it is...a lot of bullies are allergic to chicken
    (or any poultry). No other treats during this 2 months, either.

    Strengthen her immune system w/a good prebiotic & probiotic, you can get capsules
    or use natural sources sprinkled over her food or added to her water, use filtered or
    ​distilled water for her to drink. GOD bless!
    She's been doing great on her grain free food no allergies to speak of as of yet and it's been 2 weeks since she's been on grain free!!! The issue I'm having now (it's always something lol) is she ate kibbles n bits for so long that she turns her nose up at everything else so I have to pour organic chicken broth on her food for her to eat it !!! I can't just "wait her out" even though I know she WILL eat it when she's hungry enough but she has bad acid reflux so even 12 hours with no food and she's throwing up bile everywhere


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •