Help Needed! Back from Vet (spay)

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks for the kind word and the concern. This is why I live this community.

She seems to be ok with the pain. I did give her the meds early this morning. Te only issue or unusual this I noticed is that she's been sitting on my sons beds (where she usually is) faced and staring at the wall. She's never done this before. Other than that she seems ok. She about an jour ago and did not throw up. She is still wearing the cone hitch makes her run into everything. I can tell that she hates it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have never used the cone. If they don't or can't reach the surgery area, what's the point of making them suffer more. Just my thought

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never used the cone. If they don't or can't reach the surgery area, what's the point of making them suffer more. Just my thought

I agree with Sherry, she will not likely be able to reach it ( most bulldogs cannot ) and she may feel more comfortable with it off. Hope she is better later today, she should be.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww...I too would ditch that cone! I'm sure that's why she is acting strange. They can't see or maneuver ..and like David said..they can't reach anyway! I'm also with RaRett ..why not give something for pain...I hope she is ok..and yank that cone off! :yes:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to hear she is feeling a little better this morning. I would ditch the cone too, as far as the weird crying noises get used to that, we've had Bacon for a year and he still will make new crying whining noises that we've never heard before, some of them are really funny.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with everyone else, ditch the cone. We have never put a cone on ours, even when Jewel had her eye surgery.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww bless her...I'm glad she is better today :hug:

what pain med did you get? I'm guessing its an anti-inflammatory? Please be sure to give it with food. Our Bully's tummies are very delicate and she could end up with tummy pain :hug:

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Can they really not teach that area? I guess I never payed attention of they can or not. We kept the cone on because we had very specific direction from vet to keep the cone on unless she is under strict supervision. Which we have and have not seen her to even attempt to lick that area. Just afraid that he would when were not home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can they really not teach that area? I guess I never payed attention of they can or not. We kept the cone on because we had very specific direction from vet to keep the cone on unless she is under strict supervision. Which we have and have not seen her to even attempt to lick that area. Just afraid that he would when were not home.

I never used the cone for the 'fix' surgery --- neither of them could reach the area

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Took it out yesterday and she's been like nothing ever happened.

Thanks everyone.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We didn't need the cone for HRH's hernia repair either. She never attempted to lick there at all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.