General Question About trip

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
Hi Guys,

Bubu is 19 wks now, I am wondering is that OK if I take him to LA since there is a 30 hrs driving distance.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
BTW, I have a plan that I will drive 4-5 days to LA, which means 6-7 hrs a day during the trip.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'm not sure about traveling with a 19 week old that far let's get someone else who has more puppy experience to help you out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He should be fine as at that age he will sleep most of the time. I would put him in a crate, and bring plenty of puppy pads, towels, paper towels, baby wipes, bottled water, food, and a few toys for the trip. The only thing that concerns me is he does not have all of his vaccines yet, so be careful where you walk him. Try to find places that are away from where other dogs have been. I have traveled with pups that were 6 weeks old before and they did fine. You just have to stop more than usual to keep the crate clean. Your 19 week old won't be that bad, as they can hold it longer. Good luck with the trip and have fun.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Lupe did well on shirt trips around that age. And a long trip is just a series of short ones, right? The vaccination thing is concerning, though. If I remember, parvovirus is carried by other animals and can be picked up in places you wouldn't expect. Someone ese around here might have some suggestions about avoiding that. I say, if you can travel with your dog, that's so much better than boarding, though there are safe, great boarding facilities for sure.

OP
bububaby

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
He should be fine as at that age he will sleep most of the time. I would put him in a crate, and bring plenty of puppy pads, towels, paper towels, baby wipes, bottled water, food, and a few toys for the trip. The only thing that concerns me is he does not have all of his vaccines yet, so be careful where you walk him. Try to find places that are away from where other dogs have been. I have traveled with pups that were 6 weeks old before and they did fine. You just have to stop more than usual to keep the crate clean. Your 19 week old won't be that bad, as they can hold it longer. Good luck with the trip and have fun.

Actually he had taken all the puppy vaccines at wk 16, which also included a 1-yr rabies shot.

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has been traveling since he was a pup. we had to make a lot of stops when he was still potty training but slept most of the way. Have a good trip :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with above posts, have a great time on your trip! Don't forget to share pictures with us!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think it will be ok! Have lots of fun and take lots of pics!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Enjoy your trip and take lots and lots of pictures :clap:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
shouldn't be an issue... potty breaks and make sure you stick to a schedule as close yo what you have at home. enjoy the trip and be sure to share pictures when you get back

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
No problem at all .......... the engine will start and will shortly be drowned out by the noise of bully snores!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online