Help Needed! stubborn and sick bully

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks guys will try a few of these suggestions that i havent tried yet. something has to give. :bitching:. at this point id rather medicate a cat than him.

never fails for me.... vanilla ice cream

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad that you found something to disguise his meds!!! AND I now have a vision in my mind of him doing his army crawl!! :ROFL:

I remember seeing a video by [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] on how she disguises Vegas meds ...

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
His army crawl is hilarious he also uses it to try and sneak up on me when hes outside and to sneak past me when he has been bad or don't want to be seen. It reminds me of those big cats on animal planet sneaking up on prey lol. Ill try and get a video next time he goes out

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I place 3 capsules and 2 tablets on 1/4 piece of bread. I fold it over and smoosh the bread around it and Vegas just opens wide for it. With O and her allergy pills...i just throw them in her dish with her kibble. Once of twice she's missed on....but usually she gobbles them up with her meal.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
His army crawl is hilarious he also uses it to try and sneak up on me when hes outside and to sneak past me when he has been bad or don't want to be seen. It reminds me of those big cats on animal planet sneaking up on prey lol. Ill try and get a video next time he goes out

YUP .. I think video has now become a necessity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I have fed him something he swallows whole, like blueberries & threw a pill in with in with it. Or I disguise it in yummy food. Good luck!!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh my. Tank is too funny, I was going to suggest some of the things you've already tried, but seems you can't outsmart that Tank of yours, lol. the only other thing I could suggest that you haven't tried is suppositories. Lol. If it won't go in or stay down one way, try the other end.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Looks like you've tried all tricks in the book. I hide the pills in a raw meat or tripe ball. Still he sometimes manages to find the pill and spit it out. If he does I give him the meat ball and keep his mouth shut and troke his throat downwards. It goes down in the end.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea is a pill spitter too. When even a HOT DOG wouldn't work for her --- even if she SUSPECTED there was a pill involved; no go --- I had to take drastic measures.

Bea LOVES human cookies; the kind with frosting on them and she really really REALLY loves CAKE. For a time, I was popping the pill into the side of her mouth -- poking it down a bit -- and then offering cake/cookie with frosting. The frosting made all the difference. She cannot resist. And while she's eating the cake/cookie, the pill slides down. She has eaten cake and then spit out the pill ---- but more cake solved that problem.

Bo gets a "cheesy pill" pretty regularly - no problem. I don't think he even tastes the cheese.....

Good luck. I know how frustrating that must be. And all the anxious energy when it's "pill time" probably clues the dog that "somethings coming" and off she goes under the bed....

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Peanut butter is the only thing that works for Wilson. Anything else he does the same thing, moves it around and spits the pill out.

Hope poor Tank feels better soon! :doctor:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
So far Punk will take her allergy pill in a piece of American cheese. Loved getting all these ideas in case she decides to change her mind about taking her pill.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Peanut butter is the only thing that works for Wilson. Anything else he does the same thing, moves it around and spits the pill out.

Hope poor Tank feels better soon! :doctor:

I ended up having to take him to the vet for shots. he got a allergy shot and a antibiotic shot. im thinking we shouldve done this in the first place. hiding it in meat worked twice and then that was it. hes too smart for his own good. :(

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hes no longer having goopy eyes and a runny nose but his energy is still low but he is on the mend :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
ive tried that. he will use his tongue to move it around and gently bite on it and will completely eat whats around the pill lick it clean and leave the pill on the floor :/ hes too smart for his own good *grumbles*

I feel your pain, I used to have a dog just like your bully..... :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online