General Question Is my Bully too skinny or really fit? lol

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
So louie is about to be six months in a couple of days and in my opinion he seem to be very thin.. he was the second smallest one out of the litter and since the first month he has been thin with long hind legs.. the bulldogs that i've seen that are his age are much more chubby and with smaller chubby legs.. people tell me that he looks alot like a boxer -__- lol he is always hungry and very active so i feed him three times a day and also squeeze in some chopped green beans.. you would think by feeding him three times aday he would be a lot more thicker but nope.. skinny bully :l i have no problem with him being so thin but his ribs are visible and my family keeps telling me to feed him lol.. oh! and let me tell you.. he loooooves jumping around running at the dog park they have little obstacle courses and he absolutely loves them! i honestly believe he could compete in agility courses lol well anyways if any of yall have had the same problem well i guess concern i would really like to hear about your bully's :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Can you post pictures?? Or his weight?? My girl is 9 months old n almost 60 pounds so I have the opposite problem!! But if he's healthy n active n ur vet thinks he's ok I wouldn't worry about it :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We do need pics or sumpin! Just remember, you can't compare Bully's, even in the same litter. They continue to fill out and change for about 2 years..no way can you see "The Finished Product"!! Now.....

:pics:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah didn't look like a Bully for awhile because she was leggy and trim. I would wonder sometimes if she had Boxer in her. She was cute but it was hard to see the Bulldog in her during the awkward adolescence. It wasn't until about 8 months that she started to fill out and get a barrel chest which made her legs look shorter and her body wider. Her head got thicker and her under jaw started to protrude. Now she is such a pretty girl bulldog. It's true each Bully is unique in how they develop but at the end they blossom into big beautiful Bullies.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Some do look like boxers, Lola did for a long time and she just here the past month has started to fill out some but she still looks tall and thin. I think each one is different but I have worried several times over the same thing as you!

kathyflores57

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Wow !!! same thing over here ! my Lola looked more like a boxer also , I also wondered if she was part boxer. shes starting to look more like a bulldog . LOL
shes has the long legs as well and is starting to fill out, but she can eat . Shes 6mos .

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think my Lola is part weenie dog, part jack rustle because she is really hyper and never sleeps, and part boxer because she is so tall.:tongue:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Feeding three times a day is fine, however, you didnt say how much and of what food (Brand) Low Quality Food you need to feed a larger quanity, so the 'cheaper' isnt always 'less expensive' in the long run.

and I agree with everyone else :) Pictures please :)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
in general you shouldnt be able to "see" the ribs, but you should be able to feel them. I freak out all the time, I either think Herman has too much fat or is too skinny. Right now I'm in my afraid of him being too skinny stage :)

anyway can you post pics of louie looking down from the top and a good side profile?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I wouldn't worry about him looking boxer-ish they go through some really awkward stages in the first year, as RaRett said you should be able to feel his ribs but not see them. Although a picture would help too :2thumbs:

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
sorry for posting them late! i also feed him Avoderm.. which was on the list of foods to feed a bulldog :) i feed him that three times a day cup each and i haven't had any diarrhea problems or anything like that.. he's always hungry lol -__-

IMAG0423.jpgIMAG0417.jpgIMAG0418.jpgIMAG0419.jpgIMAG0420.jpgIMAG0421.jpg

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Three cups a day is plenty for that little guy, I think he's just a lean mean bully machine!!!!!!!!!!! well not the mean part :-)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Miss Tallulah didn't look like a Bully for awhile because she was leggy and trim. I would wonder sometimes if she had Boxer in her. She was cute but it was hard to see the Bulldog in her during the awkward adolescence. It wasn't until about 8 months that she started to fill out and get a barrel chest which made her legs look shorter and her body wider. Her head got thicker and her under jaw started to protrude. Now she is such a pretty girl bulldog. It's true each Bully is unique in how they develop but at the end they blossom into big beautiful Bullies.

I am suffering from the same things :( Izzy is lean and long and tall! Yesterdat a lady even asked me if she was mixed... which did not make me happy! I saw Izzy's brother and he is completely different than her... she is 5 months old, 28 lbs and tall!!! Can't wait for my baby to start to get wider!

[MENTION=5696]Louie89[/MENTION] - have you tried to add extra things to his diet? Maybe he is more energetic and also burns more calories than other bullies and he could use the additional calories? I would imagine that green beans would be a great snack for a bully that is more out of shape. Have you tried cheese or peanut butter?

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Even dogs from the same litter can develop at completely different rates. It is not unusual at all. Have faith there is a big beautiful bully that will emerge from that gawky little fur kid. But I know what you mean - I couldn't hardly wait for the Bulldog traits start to emerge. On our walks people would ask me what kind of dog she was. :confused: Now everyone says wow what a pretty Bulldog! :yes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've always been told that you should be able to see the first rib until your baby is 1, better to be a little on the light side then on the heavy because it's far more difficult to take the weight off then it is to put on. I think Louie is one fantastic looking little bull. He's lucky to have you!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.