No poop again and I am waiting on the doctor to call

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Poor baby :hug: Yes the sickness is because she can't send food through her system so its backing up and won't stay down because it has nowhere to go. Give them both a hug for me please. xx

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I wonder if some kind of laxative would work? Since it's a clump in there, maybe trying to make it more liquid would help. Even if it's diarrhea, at least it would remove it from her body? Or if not a laxative, maybe an enema could loosen some of it? I dont know if that's a good idea or not, of course.

I know she must be miserable!!!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If the way out is blocked by the mass an enema might not be able to get past it either. Call the doctor, don't wait for him, leave a message if necessary.. He's more likely to stop if you call than stop and make a call.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I was just going to say get her a stool softener. I have one from the vet from years back for Cutty. Let me go see what it's called. Don't know if it is over the counter or what tho. Oh it is just a hand written label, says DSS whatever that is.

OP
M

mabel lou

Thanks everybody

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor thelm thelm. i guess she is still to ill for them to take out the mass. ill be praying for her and watching for updates. :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've heard that paraffin helps and also you can give dogs the same meds as humans to help with constipation. This can harm her bowels. Also not drinking enough and not exercising is just going to make it worse. Hope she feels better soon, keep us posted.

OP
M

mabel lou

Thelm Thelm

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i really think its time to get thelm to the vets again as soon as you can get her in. she is not going to pass this on her own it does not seem and she is just going to fill up with stool. please call the vets dear.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I would make an appointment for today. I am not sure why the vet is waiting, that can't be good. I say make the appointment and you know once you get there, she most likely will poop, that always happens. Hugs to her.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
She is not constipated per say however because she is loaded with poop it is to high up and not formed to come down to come out. Yes it bad for them if it doesn't come down and come out. I am hoping that time will begin a process of allowing it to come down so that she can get it out. She was given meds to help with the nausia from her food coming back up. So far it has worked until now she threw up again. We went outside to go potty and she urinated but no poop although trying we came up with nothing. Today she seems distant and wants to sit in the sun room more than sit with us. She has come into the living a couple of times but she is getting uncomfortable with her positions of trying to get comfortable yet having the body shakes again. She is acting very different as the day goes. One minute she seems fine and the next minute she seems almost as though she is looking for somethiing. She never goes into my room yet today I watched her go to my room and stand in the doorway and she was just looking around, of course that brought tears to my eyes because it made me think she was possibly confused. I called her name and she just kept looking and then I said it again and she turned and came over to me and then crawled into her bed which is where she is now asleep. My mother is on her way over to talk with me about Thelm Thelm
My heart goes out to you and Thelm Thelm. You are in my thoughts and I anxiously await for the little sweetie to have a BIG POOP. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for a speedy end to this ordeal you and she are going through. I can't understand why the vet did not do more initially. Especially when the little one is suffering so. Such a helpless feeling.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would be taking her in today and telling them she can't go on like this and press the fact they need to remove her tumor! Please keep us updated!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.