General Question Getting a female bully fixed

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have been doing research today about getting Lola fixed and I was wondering what some of you have noticed after getting your bullies fixed or if there was a difference at all? This is something I read today off a bulldog site, "The operation can reduce roaming, which greatly reduces the chances that your English Bulldog will get hit by a car and that he or she will get in a fight with other dogs. Spaying and neutering has also been proven to lessen the occurrence of certain tumors. The operation has also been found to lessen certain aggressive tendencies in dogs." What you think?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
all those things are true... but I did not notice any of them with Banks... she was a dominate beeeotch before, during and after the procedure :crazy:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is having problems with other dogs and she has to be in charge around other dogs. She never has tried that with me though! I plan on getting her fixed the middle to end of January and Im hoping it does some good!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I noticed a big difference in Molly, before she was spayed, OH MY GOODNESS she was such a naughty girl always challenging me and trying to be top bitch in our house then after she was spayed WOOHOO she is such a sweet mello love bug I am so very happy with her personality now vs before!!!!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im hoping Lola will change a little bit she is starting to be more out of control and im sure its not a cure all but Im going ot add some training classes also but she does like to be in charge. She freaks out if anyone touches me or her babies(my girls), she will step in and get very jealous.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have both a male and a female, and they are both 9 months old, they are brother and sister, so I fixed them both at 7 months old, before either one of them went into heat. The vet said that if My female Blossom went into heat , I would have to keep them separated, and that would have been very difficult being in the same house. She also told me that each time she went into heat, it increases her chance of breast cancer, this is due to hormones, and does not occur if they have babies. I guess this is due to hormone protection. Also she told me that If she went into heat, I would have to wait 3 months before I could spay her. Then I would have to keep them separate. She said for the male, Dozer would hump everything in sight , and he would try to get through walls to get to her. Lol. I have found since having spayed and neutered both of them, that they have settled down somewhat, they still play rough with each other sometimes when they play, but they are much calmer. So I think that unless you are planning to breed your pet, it's better for their health and temperament to have them fixed. The male won't roam which will be safer for him as well.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Liz and Amy are not related, but they are only 2 months apart in age. Both are a bit jealous of my attention, but not their Dad's. They had gotten in some terrible fight where they obviously lost their tempers. I was so afraid that one (and she knows who she is) would have to be rehomed. I did not get them fixed until after their 2nd heat due to circumstances. It took a while, but they do not fight like they did. Also, Amy does not hump as much. We had training classes first and they both listen much better.

I think you should have her spayed and go for training. It will help.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ya Im leaning towards getting her fixed to then going to classes for sure. My vets office charges $100 for a 6 week class thats the first class then they have 3 more classes after that as they get older for a total of 4 classes. And each one is the same price and same time frame.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I am a HUGE believer in training classes!!! Not only does it do the obvious and train your dog but better then that it creates a strong bond between you!!! In my personal opinion if you aren't going to breed then spay her and sign up for training classes you will enjoy the training classes :)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I agree! Going to have her fixed very soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.