General Question Heartguard 2 ?

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I am just wondering an trying to get a general opinion on what people are giving their dogs for heartworm protection? I have been using once a month Heartguard 2 for my 8 month old ebd but now he is above the fifty pound mark so I have been giving him one and a half of the chewables and was thinking is this what the majority of people use? A friend of mine who is a breeder suggested that I just go to the local feed and grain store and buy some ivermectin and feed him that orally once a month but I don't feel comfortable doing that.. What do some of you use for heartguard protection? Thanks

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have had Vegas on the Heartguard Plus for over 3 years now, I live in Florida, so I have to use them all year round. They look like a little treat and he loves them.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Advantage Multi or Revolution takes care of fleas and heartworm but not ticks

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My vet uses heartguard plus and I have just continued that after she went through the puppy program with her vet.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I give Heartguard Plus and Advantix II for my babies and I give it year around just to be safe.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I wouldn't ever give ivamectin on your own. It is the active ingredient in heartgard, but dosed improperly could kill your dog. Be careful!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.