Thelma was taken to the vet this morning

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is such wonderful news!! So what will the next step be? Have they worked out what the mass is yet?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending positive thoughts and prayers. At the animal hospital I worked at, we had a tradition, the Christmas miracle. It happened without fail. I believe!

I too, believe in miracles, at Christmas and any time GOD graces us mere mortals with one...or many!

May GOD bless your sincere wish and prayer for sweet & beloved Thelma to get well...I join with you
and all the others here in believing for Mabel Lou's Christmas miracle for TWO healthy bullies!
:christmas18:

OP
M

mabel lou

I hope she poops forming poops soon because it is still very runny and now I am seeing blood in her poop. Could be from all the trauma she has been through I do not know but the poop is sooooo dark and now the blood. So today I will talk with her vet and see what she thinks.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Please keep us informed - hopefully it is from the trauma and nothing else. :pray:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Stool can get very black and tarry from blood. It may be from the mass and all the poop going through Thelma. Hopefully your vet can investigate the mass now that her little body is not full of compacted stool. You have both been through so much! My thoughts and prayers are always with you. Hugs. XXXXXOOOOO:hug2:

OP
M

mabel lou

I went out as she went poop this time and no blood but yes it is like a dark chocolate so I decided to bring it in because we had some formation although soft we still have some formation and I seen it come out so I got a baggy and grabbed it. I wiped her butt very thoroughly because she still had a piece kind of loose on her behind which needed to be cleaned off and no blood and I brought the poop inside and smashed the poop and seen nothing in it nor did I see blood when checking it. So I am hoping it was from straining all week because she is no longer straining now and is able to have bms on her own today a little more comfortably but will wait and see what the vet says

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I went out as she went poop this time and no blood but yes it is like a dark chocolate so I decided to bring it in because we had some formation although soft we still have some formation and I seen it come out so I got a baggy and grabbed it. I wiped her butt very thoroughly because she still had a piece kind of loose on her behind which needed to be cleaned off and no blood and I brought the poop inside and smashed the poop and seen nothing in it nor did I see blood when checking it. So I am hoping it was from straining all week because she is no longer straining now and is able to have bms on her own today a little more comfortably but will wait and see what the vet says

so glad she is coming along.... when you say vet... is it YOUR vet or the one you were not happy with?

OP
M

mabel lou

I am very happy with Thelm Thelms vet always have been and she has never seen anyone else outside of her vet. I have been with the same vet for many many years, I love my veterinary clinic. But her poop is now turning lighter and when swiping her bottom to make sure it is clean it is now coming on napkin as brown like normal color but it was dark outside tonight and I didn't get a chance to pick it up to see the color of it or it at all it is forming any better because of it being dark, I looked for it but had no luck even though I am right their with her and in one second I lost the poop. But will still call tomorrow to talk with her because she was not in today and I don't normally see the other vet in office due to him not knowing Thelm and her situation even though he is a good doc I am kind of weird about stuff like that but the tech that I did speak with told me that it might just be because she was so compacted with tons of poop and to keep an eye on it, which I have done all day. Just happy she is showing signs again of smiling with Mabel again. I hope things continue in a positive way.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks for these updates. I'm hoping Thelm Thelm is continuing to improve and you've got a nice, firm doody to pick up today!

OP
M

mabel lou

Today when going outside with her and being the hawk that I have become about poop I can say this that yes she does not strain so much but that it is dropping out much easier. Not large pieces like before she became sick but more smaller pieces and we still have some rather soft formation still but absolutely not runny although I am not seeing poop that I could pick up to put in a container without it being smushed in doing so. The color still is not completely normal and I do believe she may have blood in it but when I called her vet who is in today but with a patient I explained to her about what has happened since the enemas (2) were given and what color along with the consistency it has been up until this morning, I have been keeping a journal with video since bringing her home from the vet earlier this week. So she knows the information to tell the vet and now I am just awaiting the call to see what Thelms vet would like for me to do if anything. I thought it was gross to post a picture of poop on here otherwise I would have lol. I also videotaped Thelm playing with Mabel and her wanting to high five me lol. It was totally adorable but again I can't figure out how to post a video on this site.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad thelma seems to be better. will be praying it continues on that road. :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.