URGENT!!! Something stuck in throat

Tracy Feeney

Dec 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
You need to take your dog to your nearest emergency vet. Whatever she is choking on won't disappear - it will either stay put and perforate her throat, or get free and go into her digestive tract - both are life-threatening.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You guys rock!! My husband asked me who I was calling when I was posting and I told him EBN. He couldn't believe how fast you all were with advice and information. You definitely did not fail this freaked out momma.

I will certainly keep an eye on my baby girl to make sure nothing else is in there. Her sister Zelda did poop out a Lego once when she was a puppy, ouch! A good thing, too, because we had no idea she had eaten it, just like Miss Clara and the glove fragment, which I suspect was sealed up against the side of her throat.

Again, thank you very much for coming to our rescue tonight! I've already read through the foreign object, CPR, and Heimlich stuff and will be printing the latter two and placing them on the fridge just in case.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

:whew: so glad all turned out well...

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I can't believe what they will eat! They will stick anything in their mouth!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
How scary, glad she vommited it, keep a close eye on her as I'm sure you will.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Ugh so scary we went through something similar with Bacon about a month ago, [MENTION=7026]matzwd[/MENTION] how is your pup doing today? Keep and eye out and make sure your pup is :poo: regularly and there is no blockage, if they aren't doing that normally get an x-ray done with the barium so they can see if there is a soft tissue blockage

OP
matzwd

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
All is well in Aunt Clara's world since our incident. Normal poo and behavior. Thank you for being concerned.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online