URGENT!!! Something stuck in throat

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That may be just a piece of the glove that she tore off. watch real close, which I'm sure you are, if she has any kind of distress, do the Heimlich there is instructions on here how to do that, on the home page.

Watch to see that she poops everyday. In case she has more in there and get's blockage. Hope your baby is empty now. and all clear.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
These stinkers eat every and anything they can get their little grubby paws on. Raven ate/demolished my husbands titanium framed eye glasses. Glad to hear everything seems to be ok now.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
These stinkers eat every and anything they can get their little grubby paws on. Raven ate/demolished my husbands titanium framed eye glasses. Glad to hear everything seems to be ok now.

They sure do, whoa, titanium glasses. how did that work out?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thank you! I didn't even know you could Heimlich a dog. I'm going straight there to read up.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3
The Heimlich saved one of my dog's life 3 Christmas Eve's ago. He dropped to the ground after eating some of his kibble. Luckily we were there and knew what to do other wise he would have died that night. Here's the article on doing CPR/Heimlich. There's some very good videos on it.

Learn CPR - It Could Save Your Dog's Life!

OP
matzwd

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Does she still have a stick in her or was it just the glove she swallowed? She's very very lucky.

Please read this article when you have a chance. I want to also note that pulling an object out could cause more damage.

The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects!

I will check that out too. Thank you for pointing this out. I definitely need to get some doggie first aid instruction.

No, I don't think there's a stick too. We are having a bonfire tonight, and she was out here with us carying around a stick, which is typical for her, when all of a sudden she started gagging and swallowing. I suspect that it all started from her gagging herself with the stick. We had to chase her down to carry her inside because she was panicking. She's all better now though, back to chasing buggies.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, how scary! Not only watch for poop and eating but runny poop and random throwing up can also be a sign of something foreign in there as well. They do eat everything, drive me crazy. Hope that was it and all is ok now. Hugs! I can imagine you won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Heimlich saved one of my dog's life 3 Christmas Eve's ago. He dropped to the ground after eating some of his kibble. Luckily we were there and knew what to do other wise he would have died that night. Here's the article on doing CPR/Heimlich. There's some very good videos on it.

Learn CPR - It Could Save Your Dog's Life!

Thank you Jeannie

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will check that out too. Thank you for pointing this out. I definitely need to get some doggie first aid instruction.

No, I don't think there's a stick too. We are having a bonfire tonight, and she was out here with us carying around a stick, which is typical for her, when all of a sudden she started gagging and swallowing. I suspect that it all started from her gagging herself with the stick. We had to chase her down to carry her inside because she was panicking. She's all better now though, back to chasing buggies.

Oh that's good to hear. Just keep an eye on her over the next week. In the first article, my Emma chewed off a large part of a toy and she passed it 5 days later. You would have never of known anything was in her, she appeared just fine. Keep an eye on poop and if she poop but starts throwing her food up, get her to a Vet ASAP. The chances then are quite high she'd have a blockage.

Now a bonfire sounds like fun! :2thumbs:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Since we're on this subject and you're girl started panicking I want to share my co-worker's story. A year plus ago she was cooking dinner (mini burger sliders) and gave her 5 year old dog (a mix) one of the hamburger sliders. She said she saw her dog acting a up and pawing but didn't realize there was any thing wrong. Her dog ran outside and went under the deck and that's where he was found dead. This all happened within 30 minutes, he chocked to death and had panicked and ran out. Please be sure to read these when you can. :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
They sure do, whoa, titanium glasses. how did that work out?

I was thankful that all of the pieces were accounted for. She is such a little stinker. He said he walked into the living room and stumbled across her sitting there just plucking it apart. She actually ripped the lenses away from the frames and chewed them up. When he called me and I realized what happened I got so scared. Mind you these glasses were stronge that they survived him accidentally sitting on them and my little niece running over them on her big wheel bike. Guess nothing is a match for a nosey bully.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:whew: glad all is okay now. Keep an eye out I know you are relieved...

OP
matzwd

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
You guys rock!! My husband asked me who I was calling when I was posting and I told him EBN. He couldn't believe how fast you all were with advice and information. You definitely did not fail this freaked out momma.

I will certainly keep an eye on my baby girl to make sure nothing else is in there. Her sister Zelda did poop out a Lego once when she was a puppy, ouch! A good thing, too, because we had no idea she had eaten it, just like Miss Clara and the glove fragment, which I suspect was sealed up against the side of her throat.

Again, thank you very much for coming to our rescue tonight! I've already read through the foreign object, CPR, and Heimlich stuff and will be printing the latter two and placing them on the fridge just in case.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh my just came home and read this, was going to say run her to the vet, but if she passed it already that's good. I feel for you because my Dozer has swallowed so many things, he's brutal, he swallows socks, sticks, rocks, and anything else he can find. He's scared me on 2 or 3 occasions, but has so far passed the stuff he swallowed. The bully gods only know what else is in his belly. Hope he's okay.

Members online

No members online now.