Thread: Something stuck in throat

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Something stuck in throat

Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    I will check that out too. Thank you for pointing this out. I definitely need to get some doggie first aid instruction.

No, I don't think there's a stick too. We are having a bonfire tonight, and she was out here with us carying around a stick, which is typical for her, when all of a sudden she started gagging and swallowing. I suspect that it all started from her gagging herself with the stick. We had to chase her down to carry her inside because she was panicking. She's all better now though, back to chasing buggies.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3
    Oh that's good to hear. Just keep an eye on her over the next week. In the first article, my Emma chewed off a large part of a toy and she passed it 5 days later. You would have never of known anything was in her, she appeared just fine. Keep an eye on poop and if she poop but starts throwing her food up, get her to a Vet ASAP. The chances then are quite high she'd have a blockage.

Now a bonfire sounds like fun!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Since we're on this subject and you're girl started panicking I want to share my co-worker's story. A year plus ago she was cooking dinner (mini burger sliders) and gave her 5 year old dog (a mix) one of the hamburger sliders. She said she saw her dog acting a up and pawing but didn't realize there was any thing wrong. Her dog ran outside and went under the deck and that's where he was found dead. This all happened within 30 minutes, he chocked to death and had panicked and ran out. Please be sure to read these when you can.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    They sure do, whoa, titanium glasses. how did that work out?
    I was thankful that all of the pieces were accounted for. She is such a little stinker. He said he walked into the living room and stumbled across her sitting there just plucking it apart. She actually ripped the lenses away from the frames and chewed them up. When he called me and I realized what happened I got so scared. Mind you these glasses were stronge that they survived him accidentally sitting on them and my little niece running over them on her big wheel bike. Guess nothing is a match for a nosey bully.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

glad all is okay now. Keep an eye out I know you are relieved...

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

You guys rock!! My husband asked me who I was calling when I was posting and I told him EBN. He couldn't believe how fast you all were with advice and information. You definitely did not fail this freaked out momma.

I will certainly keep an eye on my baby girl to make sure nothing else is in there. Her sister Zelda did poop out a Lego once when she was a puppy, ouch! A good thing, too, because we had no idea she had eaten it, just like Miss Clara and the glove fragment, which I suspect was sealed up against the side of her throat.

Again, thank you very much for coming to our rescue tonight! I've already read through the foreign object, CPR, and Heimlich stuff and will be printing the latter two and placing them on the fridge just in case.

Last edited by matzwd; 12-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Oh my just came home and read this, was going to say run her to the vet, but if she passed it already that's good. I feel for you because my Dozer has swallowed so many things, he's brutal, he swallows socks, sticks, rocks, and anything else he can find. He's scared me on 2 or 3 occasions, but has so far passed the stuff he swallowed. The bully gods only know what else is in his belly. Hope he's okay.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

You need to take your dog to your nearest emergency vet. Whatever she is choking on won't disappear - it will either stay put and perforate her throat, or get free and go into her digestive tract - both are life-threatening.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    You guys rock!! My husband asked me who I was calling when I was posting and I told him EBN. He couldn't believe how fast you all were with advice and information. You definitely did not fail this freaked out momma.

I will certainly keep an eye on my baby girl to make sure nothing else is in there. Her sister Zelda did poop out a Lego once when she was a puppy, ouch! A good thing, too, because we had no idea she had eaten it, just like Miss Clara and the glove fragment, which I suspect was sealed up against the side of her throat.

Again, thank you very much for coming to our rescue tonight! I've already read through the foreign object, CPR, and Heimlich stuff and will be printing the latter two and placing them on the fridge just in case.

so glad all turned out well...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I can't believe what they will eat! They will stick anything in their mouth!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

How scary, glad she vommited it, keep a close eye on her as I'm sure you will.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Ugh so scary we went through something similar with Bacon about a month ago, @matzwd how is your pup doing today? Keep and eye out and make sure your pup is regularly and there is no blockage, if they aren't doing that normally get an x-ray done with the barium so they can see if there is a soft tissue blockage

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

All is well in Aunt Clara's world since our incident. Normal poo and behavior. Thank you for being concerned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads