Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 36

Thread: Something stuck in throat

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    Threw up the glove. It must have been dangling in her throat. Where the heck did that come from? It was about a half inch by 3 inch shred of glove. She's better now. Oh, my goodness, was I scared! The nearest emergency vet is an hour away.

    Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

    That may be just a piece of the glove that she tore off. watch real close, which I'm sure you are, if she has any kind of distress, do the Heimlich there is instructions on here how to do that, on the home page.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  2. #14
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Does she still have a stick in her or was it just the glove she swallowed? She's very very lucky.

    Please read this article when you have a chance. I want to also note that pulling an object out could cause more damage.

    The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  3. #15
    Wrinkle Wiper matzwd's Avatar
    Posts
    119
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    That may be just a piece of the glove that she tore off. watch real close, which I'm sure you are, if she has any kind of distress, do the Heimlich there is instructions on here how to do that, on the home page.
    Thank you! I didn't even know you could Heimlich a dog. I'm going straight there to read up.

    Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

  4. #16
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    That may be just a piece of the glove that she tore off. watch real close, which I'm sure you are, if she has any kind of distress, do the Heimlich there is instructions on here how to do that, on the home page.

    Watch to see that she poops everyday. In case she has more in there and get's blockage. Hope your baby is empty now. and all clear.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  5. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    These stinkers eat every and anything they can get their little grubby paws on. Raven ate/demolished my husbands titanium framed eye glasses. Glad to hear everything seems to be ok now.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  6. #18
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    These stinkers eat every and anything they can get their little grubby paws on. Raven ate/demolished my husbands titanium framed eye glasses. Glad to hear everything seems to be ok now.

    They sure do, whoa, titanium glasses. how did that work out?
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  7. #19
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    Thank you! I didn't even know you could Heimlich a dog. I'm going straight there to read up.

    Sent via Tapatalk on my S3
    The Heimlich saved one of my dog's life 3 Christmas Eve's ago. He dropped to the ground after eating some of his kibble. Luckily we were there and knew what to do other wise he would have died that night. Here's the article on doing CPR/Heimlich. There's some very good videos on it.

    Learn CPR - It Could Save Your Dog's Life!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  8. #20
    Wrinkle Wiper matzwd's Avatar
    Posts
    119
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Does she still have a stick in her or was it just the glove she swallowed? She's very very lucky.

    Please read this article when you have a chance. I want to also note that pulling an object out could cause more damage.

    The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects!
    I will check that out too. Thank you for pointing this out. I definitely need to get some doggie first aid instruction.

    No, I don't think there's a stick too. We are having a bonfire tonight, and she was out here with us carying around a stick, which is typical for her, when all of a sudden she started gagging and swallowing. I suspect that it all started from her gagging herself with the stick. We had to chase her down to carry her inside because she was panicking. She's all better now though, back to chasing buggies.

    Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

  9. #21
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Wow, how scary! Not only watch for poop and eating but runny poop and random throwing up can also be a sign of something foreign in there as well. They do eat everything, drive me crazy. Hope that was it and all is ok now. Hugs! I can imagine you won't be getting much sleep tonight.

  10. #22
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    The Heimlich saved one of my dog's life 3 Christmas Eve's ago. He dropped to the ground after eating some of his kibble. Luckily we were there and knew what to do other wise he would have died that night. Here's the article on doing CPR/Heimlich. There's some very good videos on it.

    Learn CPR - It Could Save Your Dog's Life!

    Thank you Jeannie
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  11. #23
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Thank you Jeannie
    Why thank you mam'
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  12. #24
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Something stuck in throat

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Why thank you mam'

    to all, I'm gonna hit the hay. g'night lady
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •