Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: at my wit's end - staph continues...

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: at my wit's end - staph continues...

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Attack it how? Wash it daily? More than once a day? Sorry, just want to do this right. He gets them on his back normally or sides.

@Sherry
    One important thing I forgot to mention, give Benedryl 25mg per 25 pounds. generic is fine , the pink tabs. you can give them this dose for 2 weeks straight every 6-8 hours, per my bulldog vet.
    I prefer twice a day because I do like to see my dogs awake
    this will dry them out from the inside out. It's a great med to keep on your shelf at all times.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sherry has you covered for sure but you can also maybe try the duoxo ps shampoo if you cant get what she has suggested from the vet. if he has a breakout maybe bath him twice a week not once. i would also be soaking the paws in the shampoo while bathing as it seems to really help sarah with her redness and itching. maybe try duoxo pads and use those in between the shampoos. you can also buy some hibiclenz at the drug store to use on the spots till you can get something else. i find antifungal powder helps to sooth sarahs paws or you can put some hydrocortisone cream on them to help with itching. well just because the food seems to not have anything they are allergic to does not mean there isnt something else in the food bothering him. could try a bland diet for a few days and see if there is a change. im glad you are going to start using a vitamin and use oil or some kind. you may want to consider a probiotic also. i would look at anything else your feeding such as treats and even the oil you are giving. bullies can be sensitive to lots of things. could be environmental as well.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 12-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@bulliemommi.... @Sherry has you covered. I experienced this with my boy and we kept him on benedryl and you, as you know, find the right food to keep his immune system strong... once it weakens the staph will show up and in come the antibiotics.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much everyone. He has a new one today when I went to wash the other ones. I am so upset. Vet is closed but am making an appt tomorrow. This stinks!!!! I know it will be yet another round of antibiotics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads