Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I was watching Blossom and Dozer playing on the living room floor , they were playing tug of war with a stuffie that someone gave them at Petssmart. I've been giving this to them only when they are with me. The phone rang, and I was talking , when I heard Blossom cough, I checked the stuffie, and the hand was missing. I've read on here that you can give peroxide to make them sick, how much do you give? Blossom is 9 months old, and she weighs 32 lbs. I hope she can pass it and she doesn't get sick from it or have any troubles , I'm going to worry all night now.
This is a pic of what she swallowed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 165

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I learned that the peroxide is not always the best if not given the right amount. More importantly is that making her vomit a good size stuffie/toy could cause her to choke and that could cause more damage. If don't know if you read the article I just did or not but the best thing right now to do imo is just keep an eye on her. It took Emma 5 days to pass that 1"x3" flap she ate but she passed it luckily. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] knew more about the peroxide than I do.

Will be thinking of her!! For now just keep a close on her on and watch every poop she takes to see if it's in there for at least the next week.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Jeannie, I was just thinking that if she just swallowed it , she might be able to throw it up right away, but I don't want to give her too much peroxide, or make her choke. It wasn't real big, but it is material, and had some stuffing in it. I hope she doesn't get sick. Never eve again are they getting any toy that is material.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on her for the next week or two, and hopefully she passes it, but if she shows any signs of obstruction, diarrhea , or vomiting I'll at leat know what she swallowed, and will take her to the vet. I'll keep you posted on how she's doing, and let you know if she passes it. Here I go again poo sleuthing. :poo:

M

mabel lou

Wow that is a pretty good piece but you also have to think about the chewing it up and making it smaller. My sons dog just went through same thing to make him vomit last week and the vet said 2 teaspoon fulls which it only took him like 5 minutes to vomit but the vet said if he does not vomit with the 2 that my son should give him 1 more teaspoon. Like I said he vomited in a matter of like 5 minutes. Also my sons dog ate a tylenol and that was his reason for doing this. Up came breakfast and everything.I would begin by checking his poop and take it from there if he isn't showing any blockage signs when eating or drinking.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would just watch her and hope she passes it. I wouldn't make her vomit in fear of her chocking.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, I am watching her closely, for any signs of obstruction, diarrhea, vomiting, or drooling, but she has been fine today, eating, pooping, peeing, and drinking normal, I'm doing the poop detective stuff, and will continue to keep checking until I find the stuffie arm. I also went to the vet and bought a few cans of fibre food to give her to help move things along. I'm just hoping she passes it soon, so I can stop worrying.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hoping for a quick passage!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
we havent found anything in her poop yet, but she has been fine. she has tons of energy, playing, running, also eating as usual, she has normal poops, normal consistency, and normal amounts, no signs of straining, shes drinking well, and just seems herself. so I will continue to watch her poop until it passes, and will let you guys know when she does. thanks for all your well wishes, and suggestions as always.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
we havent found anything in her poop yet, but she has been fine. she has tons of energy, playing, running, also eating as usual, she has normal poops, normal consistency, and normal amounts, no signs of straining, shes drinking well, and just seems herself. so I will continue to watch her poop until it passes, and will let you guys know when she does. thanks for all your well wishes, and suggestions as always.

Keep in mind to that it may come out in pieces and not fully intact. We've been watching Bacon like a hawk since the last issue we had with him and someone he still manages to find things to swallow because I see them when cleaning up his leftovers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.