Help Needed! Bleeding paw!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
:cursing: I'm so upset! I just went out for a potty walk with Ulysses, and on our way back in I stopped to check my mail box, while standing outside a really rude guy who lives in our building opened the door suddenly and caught Uly's paw with the door. The dog jumped and did a weird sound but he didn't whine. The guy looked at us and kept on going. I looked at Uly's face and realized he was hurt cause he was holding his paw up with a scared look in his eyes. When we got home I tried to check him but he wouldn't let me, so I finally managed to see that in his right hand the second finger's nail is somehow detached from the finger, if that makes sense, he has blood and it definitely hurts him. But he is walking fine and just jumped on the sofa. Should I take him to the vet? any advice is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No need for a vet if you got the bleeding to stop... I would keep it clean and maybe put some ice on it to lessen the swelling. Poor boy!!

next time you see the guy... open the door on his face - that was just plain rude!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
ouchie!!!! No advise but just wanted to send my well wishes to your pup and angry thoughts to the inconsiderate neighbor

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

M

mabel lou

I totally agree will 2bullymama and then double check his a s s about how he needs to watch what he is doing and I am the type that would make sure he understood that I meant business lol. My dogs love me hahaha. I really hate when another person hurts a dog and thinks nothing of it. I hope he is alright.:pray:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:cursing: I'm so upset! I just went out for a potty walk with Ulysses, and on our way back in I stopped to check my mail box, while standing outside a really rude guy who lives in our building opened the door suddenly and caught Uly's paw with the door. The dog jumped and did a weird sound but he didn't wine. The guy looked at us and kept on going. I looked at Uly's face a realized he was hurt cause he was holding his paw up with a scared look in his eyes. When we got home I tried to check him but he wouldn't let me, so I finally managed to see that in his right hand the second finger's nail is somehow detached from the finger, if that makes sense, he has blood and it definitely hurts him. But he is walking fine and just jumped on the sofa. Should I take him to the vet? any advice is very much appreciated.

did the nail break or split, I'm not sure what you meant by "the nail is somehow detached from the finger" if the nail is broken and standing upward you may have to take him in to have the nail removed, my first bulldog had that happen, her nail got broken on one of her "catch me if you can" games and I had to take her in and have the whole nail removed so it could heal.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby, you can also put some Neosporin on it, but he may lick it off, just watch it so it won't get infected. Then next time you see that butt-head neighbor, give him a piece of your mind, the inconsiderate piece of dung.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Thank you all! I just checked it again and although it seems to hurt when I touch it, the blood is now gone and he seems just fine. I tried to touch the nail and it didn't move or anything, so I guess is not to be removed but I really really can't say for sure, and he doesn't let me check it properly (I specially don't want to hurt him more). Last night it looked as if the part right under the nail was cut from the under "meaty" part. It's so hard to explain! I'll keep and eye on it for infections, but I'm confident he'll be ok since he's not limping. I'm so gonna go for that a s s next time I see him :bitching:.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Nothing to add, glad he's doing fine, just keep on eye on that toe and that idiot :down: and give him the collective piece of our mind....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.