Help Needed! Any ideas??

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Does anyone have any ideas as to what this can be?? It has been there for a few weeks, it's on Winstons leg. The vet didnt seem to be concerned about it but it's not going away!! photo.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It kinda looks like a rub mark. They can get them on their legs right there from laying down that bone sticks out and rubs the floor, rug, crate, ect.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
It kinda looks like a rub mark. They can get them on their legs right there from laying down that bone sticks out and rubs the floor, rug, crate, ect.

Thanks for the info! I did not know that! Anything I can do to get rid of it?? That makes sense now since he is ALWAYS laying on that side lol!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver has a dime size spot in that exact same location. He gets his from sitting and spinning in circles to itch his booty!!! I just put some antibiotic cream on it after wiping it down with a baby wipe and he's good to go.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oliver has a dime size spot in that exact same location. He gets his from sitting and spinning in circles to itch his booty!!! I just put some antibiotic cream on it after wiping it down with a baby wipe and he's good to go.

Lol Winston spins too! I learn something new everyday about these guys!! Thank you!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah gets this when she spins also. i just put some neosporin on it or wipe it with a duoxo pad as im wiping everything else. you may want to see why he is spinning. does he need his anals cleaned out or is he just itchy. does he have a tailpocket that needs cleaning maybe.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
sarah gets this when she spins also. i just put some neosporin on it or wipe it with a duoxo pad as im wiping everything else. you may want to see why he is spinning. does he need his anals cleaned out or is he just itchy. does he have a tailpocket that needs cleaning maybe.

Thank you! He doesn't do it so much anymore. We did clean his tail pocket a few weeks ago becuase i thought that's what it may have been, it helped alot with the spinning! I think he got his from the way he sits/lays! I have duoxo pads also, I will try those!!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: if it is from laying on it. It will soon get hard like a Calais so it won't rub raw anymore a lot of dogs get then on there elbows an their little ankle bones from laying on hard surfaces so I wouldn't worry to much about it I would just put some cream on it neosporin burns dogs so I would use A&D that doesn't burn I learned the hard way about neosporin I felt so bad afterwards

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
neosporin burns dogs so I would use A&D that doesn't burn I learned the hard way about neosporin I felt so bad afterwards

Really???? I never knew that ... I've used neosporin before and they have never reacted? :blink:

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
:butterfly: if it is from laying on it. It will soon get hard like a Calais so it won't rub raw anymore a lot of dogs get then on there elbows an their little ankle bones from laying on hard surfaces so I wouldn't worry to much about it I would just put some cream on it neosporin burns dogs so I would use A&D that doesn't burn I learned the hard way about neosporin I felt so bad afterwards

Thanks for the info!! :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)

Oliver just has environmental allergies. No tail pocket or anal gland issues here. They all express their anal glands by themselves when :poo:ing so it's just an itchy bum

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I don't know maybe It's just my dogs but when I would put it on he would cry run around try to lick it off an I would wipe it off an put A&D on he wouldn't react at all when that was on so I told myself I would never use that on my dogs again so maybe mine are just sensitive to it..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.