Help Needed! I need some help!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi All! So Winston is having some problems with the pads on his paws. It has been happening on and off for the past few months. He keeps cracking/cutting them on things when he goes outside and runs around crazy. Unfortunately I do not notice until he is walking all over the floor/furniture and bleeding. I thought I had it under control until this morning he went to lay down on my bed and as hes walking across it I see all these little blood spots. Sure enough he has another cut on his toe. He is not bleeding a lot but enough that I had to strip the bed and what not. I put Aquaphor on his paws a couple of times a week and have recently started doing Epsom salt soaks. What else can I do?? What causes this?? I feel terrible becuase I could not let him on my bed this morning :( He always lays there while I am getting ready for work but he was still bleeding. I just want my baby to be better! How can I heal these quickly so he stops opening them back up! Thanks for any help!! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try not doing the soaks. Water dries things out. Or if you continue the soaks make sure you moisturize after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I wouldnt put ANYTHING on his feet... let them toughen up... Im sure the Aquaphor is softening them.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I wouldnt put ANYTHING on his feet... let them toughen up... Im sure the Aquaphor is softening them.

This is a very good point! Thank you! Do you think this one he has now will heal up on its own then?? Or is there something else I can use to heal the part the he keeps opening back up now?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
A little antiseptic cream to stave off infection should be all you need.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I used this stuff called dermapaw It's for dogs with cracked swollen paws they have a website I would look it up. Good luck I hope he gets better

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: I used this stuff called dermapaw It's for dogs with cracked swollen paws they have a website I would look it up. Good luck I hope he gets better

Thank you,,,, interesting product. Did you use sox over it like they show on their site? I'd like to hear more about it.

M

mabel lou

My vet suggested one of those cones to put on the dog when I ask her about itchy paws. She said it stops them from getting to them and allows somewhat of a healing process to begin while doing treatment. I thought it was a great idea but it irritating to the dog but sometimes we have to make choices based on the dogs needs. Try it because it just may work for him.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My vet suggested one of those cones to put on the dog when I ask her about itchy paws. She said it stops them from getting to them and allows somewhat of a healing process to begin while doing treatment. I thought it was a great idea but it irritating to the dog but sometimes we have to make choices based on the dogs needs. Try it because it just may work for him.

Thank you!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: yep I used the socks he hated them but kept them on it was starting to work really well but he had so many more problems then just his feet but if any of my other dogs have feet problems I would use it again .

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.