aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
a while back when Lola had a limp and a potential chicken allergy, Lola would chew on her knee. limp gone, chicken out of diet and she's got a bald spot that is suddenly bright red. i used hydrogen peroxide and polysporin..i hope it doesn't get worse... uploadfromtaptalk1354502489163.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354502507412.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354502521452.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not sure what a hot spot is or looks like, maybe she just irritated it from scratching. Try the polysporin ans see if it clears up. Hope it does.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I'm sure if it is you probably caught it in time. I'd keep it clean and dry and treat it with antibacterial ointment just to be on the safe side anyway. We have yet to experience a hot spot yet, even with 2! We've had everything else under the sun but hey, who's keeping track of vet bills around here anyway,huh?

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
I've only had one experience with hot spots (not a bully), and it was on my dog's back and flank, and resulted from stress including change in food and climate. They showed up overnight, looked more 'bloody' and they were waaaay bigger than what you've got. Good luck. Can't be fleas, right? When Lupe tries to chomp on her knee, I always worry it's a joint/tendon thing. Hence, we started supplements last year.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That doesn't look "hot spotty" to me either. I'd keep it clean, goop on the Neosporin and keep her from eating it, of course. It looks like maybe just a mild skin irritation?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hot spots are not usually bald and they will be wet. id keep with the peroxide and neosporin or you could get some hibiclenz at the drug store and wash it with that and keep an eye on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hot spots are not usually bald and they will be wet. id keep with the peroxide and neosporin or you could get some hibiclenz at the drug store and wash it with that and keep an eye on it.

^^^^ agreed!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Could just be irritated from when she's been chewing on it!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Agreed, if it spreads or she gets more of them you will probably want to get a skin scraping done to rule out mange. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
thanks everyone I'll keep the duoxo/h2o2/polysporin coming and see of the hair ever grows back :/

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.