Help Needed! Noooooooooooooo

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Make sure they are 2 or 3 inches (meat department in the store will cut them for you) in size this way he goes through the marrow within that time frame. Then you can rinse the bone and stuff it with banana, yogurt, peanut butter and refreeze.

Would a length greater than 2-3 inches be ok? I wonder if Buttercup might swallow that size. She is a food-inhaling machine. We suspect she may be allergic to beef but her teeth are starting to get tartar so I'd really like to try a bone if we can find one she can tolerate. I went to order an antler but read a lot of reviews about broken teeth in aggressive chewers, so I didn't actually order. I hope that removing the beef marrow and adding the things you suggested could allow Buttercup to tolerate a beef bone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Would a length greater than 2-3 inches be ok? I wonder if Buttercup might swallow that size. She is a food-inhaling machine. We suspect she may be allergic to beef but her teeth are starting to get tartar so I'd really like to try a bone if we can find one she can tolerate. I went to order an antler but read a lot of reviews about broken teeth in aggressive chewers, so I didn't actually order. I hope that removing the beef marrow and adding the things you suggested could allow Buttercup to tolerate a beef bone.

Absolutely... i would get 5/6 inches for Banks and 2/3 inches for Cheli (Frenchie) -- Banks was a power chewer too, never a broken tooth in her 9 yrs, I think (my opinion) the broken teeth i think you read about are young pups where the teeth are not fully grown or in poor health

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Absolutely... i would get 5/6 inches for Banks and 2/3 inches for Cheli (Frenchie) -- Banks was a power chewer too, never a broken tooth in her 9 yrs, I think (my opinion) the broken teeth i think you read about are young pups where the teeth are not fully grown or in poor health

Ok, thanks for these tips! Maybe I'll try the marrow bone and if she is not a super aggressive chewer then we can try the antler next.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, thanks for these tips! Maybe I'll try the marrow bone and if she is not a super aggressive chewer then we can try the antler next.

If you do get antlers, be sure NOT to buy the split antlers

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
If you do get antlers, be sure NOT to buy the split antlers
I always buy the split antlers so Lola can get at the marrow easier and i feel that there is less chance of her cracking another tooth on them. why do you advise avoiding the split ones? because little pieces come off? I guess I'm lucky that Lola spits those out right away. the non-marrow pieces that is ;)

sent from my droid mini

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I always buy the split antlers so Lola can get at the marrow easier and i feel that there is less chance of her cracking another tooth on them. why do you advise avoiding the split ones? because little pieces come off? I guess I'm lucky that Lola spits those out right away. the non-marrow pieces that is ;)

sent from my droid mini

yes, the seem to break up and Banks was a power chewer so I was going based on that

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.