Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Noooooooooooooo

  1. #13
    Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    882
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    damn.. that stinks! have you tried antlers with him
    No! Not sure where to get them. Any ideas? I just can't believe my poor baby is allergic to both beef and poultry. Shocking!!!!



  2. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    No! Not sure where to get them. Any ideas? I just can't believe my poor baby is allergic to both beef and poultry. Shocking!!!!
    Carolina Pet Pantry has them... your local pet stores will too They are expensive, but last a VERY long time
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #15
    Pooper scooper BullyB's Avatar
    Posts
    46
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno and Bunker
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    My older bully, Bruno, is allergic to almost every protein...we tried everything...beef, chicken, lamb...you name it. It took us forever to figure out a food that wouldn't make him sick (he would throw up all the time). We tried salmon...it worked! We feed him Fromm Salmon and vegetable. I guess it's common for bullies to be allergic to different proteins...so don't get discouraged!

  4. #16
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Midwestern USA
    Posts
    162
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Make sure they are 2 or 3 inches (meat department in the store will cut them for you) in size this way he goes through the marrow within that time frame. Then you can rinse the bone and stuff it with banana, yogurt, peanut butter and refreeze.
    Would a length greater than 2-3 inches be ok? I wonder if Buttercup might swallow that size. She is a food-inhaling machine. We suspect she may be allergic to beef but her teeth are starting to get tartar so I'd really like to try a bone if we can find one she can tolerate. I went to order an antler but read a lot of reviews about broken teeth in aggressive chewers, so I didn't actually order. I hope that removing the beef marrow and adding the things you suggested could allow Buttercup to tolerate a beef bone.

  5. #17
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    Would a length greater than 2-3 inches be ok? I wonder if Buttercup might swallow that size. She is a food-inhaling machine. We suspect she may be allergic to beef but her teeth are starting to get tartar so I'd really like to try a bone if we can find one she can tolerate. I went to order an antler but read a lot of reviews about broken teeth in aggressive chewers, so I didn't actually order. I hope that removing the beef marrow and adding the things you suggested could allow Buttercup to tolerate a beef bone.
    Absolutely... i would get 5/6 inches for Banks and 2/3 inches for Cheli (Frenchie) -- Banks was a power chewer too, never a broken tooth in her 9 yrs, I think (my opinion) the broken teeth i think you read about are young pups where the teeth are not fully grown or in poor health
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #18
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Midwestern USA
    Posts
    162
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Absolutely... i would get 5/6 inches for Banks and 2/3 inches for Cheli (Frenchie) -- Banks was a power chewer too, never a broken tooth in her 9 yrs, I think (my opinion) the broken teeth i think you read about are young pups where the teeth are not fully grown or in poor health
    Ok, thanks for these tips! Maybe I'll try the marrow bone and if she is not a super aggressive chewer then we can try the antler next.

  7. #19
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    Ok, thanks for these tips! Maybe I'll try the marrow bone and if she is not a super aggressive chewer then we can try the antler next.
    If you do get antlers, be sure NOT to buy the split antlers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #20
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    aprilemari's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,902
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)
    402

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    If you do get antlers, be sure NOT to buy the split antlers
    I always buy the split antlers so Lola can get at the marrow easier and i feel that there is less chance of her cracking another tooth on them. why do you advise avoiding the split ones? because little pieces come off? I guess I'm lucky that Lola spits those out right away. the non-marrow pieces that is

    sent from my droid mini

  9. #21
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11506

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    I always buy the split antlers so Lola can get at the marrow easier and i feel that there is less chance of her cracking another tooth on them. why do you advise avoiding the split ones? because little pieces come off? I guess I'm lucky that Lola spits those out right away. the non-marrow pieces that is

    sent from my droid mini
    yes, the seem to break up and Banks was a power chewer so I was going based on that
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #22
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Midwestern USA
    Posts
    162
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: Noooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    yes, the seem to break up and Banks was a power chewer so I was going based on that
    Thanks for the tip. I figure we can try the whole antler and just take it away if it seems like she is chewing hard enough to break a tooth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •