General Question What does a swollen lymph node feel like?

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I'm such a worry wart! I feel a lump on Debo's neck on his right side, probably where his lymph node would be. It's about the size of one of those bouncy balls & i can grab it & move it around. He did have an ear infection a couple days ago that I have cleared up. It's probably fine. I'm just wondering if that is what they feel like?

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Or maybe someone can feel their Dog's neck & see if they have it too?

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I don't feel any on mine. sorry, I hope someone in the know comes along soon,

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry -- I could not feel anything on Banks either.... hope all is OK. Keep us posted

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Ok, thank you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It sounds to me like its a lymph node. I don't know what a lymph node on a dog feels like, but I do know what it feels like on a human. It does feel round and you can palpate it and it will move around, it feels tender to the touch, as well. You mentioned Debo had a ear infection, so it would sense if he had a swollen lymph node gland. It might be out because he was fighting an infection, especially because the ear is in the same location as the lymph node gland, this happens to us too. Keep an eye on it, and it should go down , and if it doesn't , it never hurts to get a second opinion from the vet. Hope everything is okay, and it's nothing serious, hope Debo gets better, sending our thoughts, love and prayers your way. Keep us posted.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would go and see the vet ... I'm not going to worry you by telling you horror stories, but swollen lymph nodes could mean they are fighting off an infection or it could be lymphoma ...... or it could be something else. Why take the risk ... if it's not gone by tomorrow morning I would take him to the vet.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you so much everyone!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Don't forget to come back and let us know what it was!

There are those of us (ahem) who, when we don't have anything about our own dogs to fuss about, will worry about yours! :blush2:

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Awh, thank you! I'm worried too because it feels bigger today!? I have an appointment tomm because my Vet was booked up today. I don't want to wait but I will let ya know. Thank you!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Well, I couldn't wait another day to take Debo to the Vet because it was more swollen today. So I rushed him in & Vikinggirl, you were right! It's from the ear infection! He is on antibiotics & he is fine!!
Thank you all for listening, & reassuring me, & praying! I love this site!

So just so ya know, if your bulldog gets an ear infection, he/she might get big swollen glands! I'm such a worry wart! I can only imagine how I would be if I had children!?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well, I couldn't wait another day to take Debo to the Vet because it was more swollen today. So I rushed him in & Vikinggirl, you were right! It's from the ear infection! He is on antibiotics & he is fine!!
Thank you all for listening, & reassuring me, & praying! I love this site!

So just so ya know, if your bulldog gets an ear infection, he/she might get big swollen glands! I'm such a worry wart! I can only imagine how I would be if I had children!?

Phew .. thank you so much for letting us know. We worry about all of our bullies here on EBN!!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Awh, thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I just read this thread , and I am so glad Debo is okay, it it was a swollen lymph node, from his ear infection. Glad to hear he is on antibiotics as well, and hopes it heals quickly. A warm face cloth placed on the site will give him some relief as well. I don't know if bulldogs have pain from swollen lymph nodes, but people do, and so makes sense they would too. Get well Debo, sending love and prayers your way. Keep us posted on his progress.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.