Keep Bella Bear in your thoughts today!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My foster bully, Bella Bear, is at the vets right now for her surgeries!! :no:

She will be spayed and they will also do her cherry eye. This is a vet that the Rescue uses a lot, and they are very good but Im still as nervous as hell!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354210155.306190.jpg

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thinking of you and Bella, she will be just fine!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Bella will be in my thoughts and prayers today!! I know how you feel Zeus is having his surgery today too! I can't keep my mind on my work just thinking about it. Hopefully, we can bring them home this afternoon. The house is so quiet without Zeus and I know you must feel the same way. Keep us posted on how she does!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
My foster bully, Bella Bear, is at the vets right now for her surgeries!! :no:

She will be spayed and they will also do her cherry eye. This is a vet that the Rescue uses a lot, and they are very good but Im still as nervous as hell!!

View attachment 31469

OMG if she isn't the cutest thing!

Good luck sweetheart :angelheart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi , just wanted to let you know my Blossom had the same surgeries 2 months ago, when she was 7 months old. We had her spayed and her left cherry eye fixed at the same time. A week after her surgery, the right eye developed cherry eye as well, the first eye came out at 5 months, and then at 8 months, the right eye came out too, we had it fixed last month. She came through all the surgeries fine, and her recovery was quick, she bounced right back. We brought her home the same day, and she was trying to run and play, and she jumped off the side of the couch. Bella is in good hands , you trust her vet , and she is going to be fine. Good luck Bella, our prayers and thoughts are with you and your mama today. When you get home no jumping or running for 5 to 7 days, and mama will spoil you with TLC and lots of snuggles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is Ms. Bella...... update? Hope and pray all has gone well

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Surgeries went fine!!!!

They ended up doing both eyes, as the other eye had a very slight one, but it would only come out if she was very very tired, or if she was stressed. Obviously, she was stressed at the vets so they fixed that too.

When they did her spay they told me she was swollen and they told me that she was about to go in to heat. So I just looked at them, and let them know she had been in heat three months ago so it seemed a bit soon to go into heat again. Their other thought is that she had some slight infection so that I should keep a careful watch on her to see if I notice anything abnormal. So that's got us a little worried.

When she was in heat before, she developed a UTI. When she pees she does crouch VERY low and I'm wondring if this is going to be something that she will suffer with a lot. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] I know you give HRH a cranberry pill every morning ... what brand do you use?? I think it might be worth while investing in some of these and giving her one of them everyday. I'm guessing about this but I don't see that it would harm her to take one a day!!

Right now she is on Rimadyl twice a day, and she has this ointment for her eyes which is a steroid and anti-inflammatory.

Overall, she's doing really well so far ......... :luv:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Surgeries went fine!!!!

They ended up doing both eyes, as the other eye had a very slight one, but it would only come out if she was very very tired, or if she was stressed. Obviously, she was stressed at the vets so they fixed that too.

When they did her spay they told me she was swollen and they told me that she was about to go in to heat. So I just looked at them, and let them know she had been in heat three months ago so it seemed a bit soon to go into heat again. Their other thought is that she had some slight infection so that I should keep a careful watch on her to see if I notice anything abnormal. So that's got us a little worried.

When she was in heat before, she developed a UTI. When she pees she does crouch VERY low and I'm wondring if this is going to be something that she will suffer with a lot. @LariP and @BruceP I know you give HRH a cranberry pill every morning ... what brand do you use?? I think it might be worth while investing in some of these and giving her one of them everyday. I'm guessing about this but I don't see that it would harm her to take one a day!!

Right now she is on Rimadyl twice a day, and she has this ointment for her eyes which is a steroid and anti-inflammatory.

Overall, she's doing really well so far ......... :luv:

Karen... it's just a store brand found in the vitamin section call Spring Valley, 4200 mg plus Vitamin C. And HRH gets on each morning mixed into her kibble. Seems to work for HRH. Won't hurt to give them to Bella too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.