Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep Bella Bear in your thoughts today!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Keep Bella Bear in your thoughts today!

Surgeries went fine!!!!

They ended up doing both eyes, as the other eye had a very slight one, but it would only come out if she was very very tired, or if she was stressed. Obviously, she was stressed at the vets so they fixed that too.

When they did her spay they told me she was swollen and they told me that she was about to go in to heat. So I just looked at them, and let them know she had been in heat three months ago so it seemed a bit soon to go into heat again. Their other thought is that she had some slight infection so that I should keep a careful watch on her to see if I notice anything abnormal. So that's got us a little worried.

When she was in heat before, she developed a UTI. When she pees she does crouch VERY low and I'm wondring if this is going to be something that she will suffer with a lot. @LariP and @BruceP I know you give HRH a cranberry pill every morning ... what brand do you use?? I think it might be worth while investing in some of these and giving her one of them everyday. I'm guessing about this but I don't see that it would harm her to take one a day!!

Right now she is on Rimadyl twice a day, and she has this ointment for her eyes which is a steroid and anti-inflammatory.

Overall, she's doing really well so far .........

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

So happy to hear it went well!

Godspeed to your healing Sweet Bella Bear.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Surgeries went fine!!!!

They ended up doing both eyes, as the other eye had a very slight one, but it would only come out if she was very very tired, or if she was stressed. Obviously, she was stressed at the vets so they fixed that too.

When they did her spay they told me she was swollen and they told me that she was about to go in to heat. So I just looked at them, and let them know she had been in heat three months ago so it seemed a bit soon to go into heat again. Their other thought is that she had some slight infection so that I should keep a careful watch on her to see if I notice anything abnormal. So that's got us a little worried.

When she was in heat before, she developed a UTI. When she pees she does crouch VERY low and I'm wondring if this is going to be something that she will suffer with a lot. @LariP and @BruceP I know you give HRH a cranberry pill every morning ... what brand do you use?? I think it might be worth while investing in some of these and giving her one of them everyday. I'm guessing about this but I don't see that it would harm her to take one a day!!

Right now she is on Rimadyl twice a day, and she has this ointment for her eyes which is a steroid and anti-inflammatory.

Karen... it's just a store brand found in the vitamin section call Spring Valley, 4200 mg plus Vitamin C. And HRH gets on each morning mixed into her kibble. Seems to work for HRH. Won't hurt to give them to Bella too.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear she is doing good! I also posted a supplement in the great bulldog products forum it's specifically made for urinary tract infections, You may want to check that one out too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Surgeries went fine!!!!

So sorry I missed this but seeing your update the surgeries went well.

We certainly will be praying for a speedy recovery w/no complications
    healing from those UTI's for life...big, slobbery kisses from Brutus & me!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Surgeries went fine!!!!

So glad the surgery went well! Has the vet checked her urine for crystals? EB's can be prone to form urate stones and in that case cranberry is not good, quite the opposite. So I'm always a bit worried when cranberry is given for all urinary problems.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Glad Bella Bear's surgeries went well! I hope it easier for you to keep her quiet than it is for me to keep Zeus quiet following his surgery. Hope you find the right supplement for UTI. Females seem to have more of an issue with this than males. Hugs and prayers for Bella Bear from me and Zeus!!
    Zeus 2013

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @desertskybulldogs and @BruceP ... I'll look those up.

@RiiSi I spoke to the vet who did her surgeries today, and she confirmed that she is going to be prone to UTIs because of the way she pees, and because of how bad her last one was. Also the swelling they saw during the spay looked like the beginnings of a UTI.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    Glad Bella Bear's surgeries went well! I hope it easier for you to keep her quiet than it is for me to keep Zeus quiet following his surgery. Hope you find the right supplement for UTI. Females seem to have more of an issue with this than males. Hugs and prayers for Bella Bear from me and Zeus!!

Bella has luxating patellas in both back legs with the right one being worse than the left, and so when we first got her as an owner surrender she had virtually no muscle at all in those back legs. I'm assuming her previous owners had little to no yard and didn't take her for walks, because she's been with us now for 4 months and her back leg muscles have doubled in size and that's mostly from walking around our back yard which is fairly large and fully fenced in. She used to pee balancing on just her front legs, her back legs would almost lift off the floor completely .. she looked like she was doing doggy yoga!!!! Now with the muscle strength she no longer does that but does pee really really low to the floor, and I'm sure touching the grass when she pees is going to lead to UTIs more than normal!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, Bella's mommy, don't worry too much, I know easier said than done, but she's in good hands, and she will be fine. I told you before my Blossom was spayed and her cherry eye fixed 2 months ago, and she bounced back quite quickly. Sending you and Bella good thoughts, love and prayers for her surgeries, and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on how she does.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Oh she is in my thoughts we had porky spayed, both eyes fixed, vulva repositioned, hernia repaired and microchipped at the same time :'( I know how you are feeling!!!!!!! She is in great hands let us know how she does

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Haha I'm a little late to this post buttt I'm glad she's doing good!!!!
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads