General Question Nylabone pieces

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Since Herman is older, he's more interested in his Nylabones now, I guess because he can now grind them to pieces. I think I have the "classic" bone - is that safe when all the little pieces come off? I know Nylabone says its safe..... but.....isnt it still plastic they are eating?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I should really apply for a Nylabone testing position with the company ... of all of those we've had these are the ones who have proven to be the MOST bully proof!!

nylabone1.jpg

nylabone2.jpg

nylabone3.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have always given ours Nylabones and have never had a problem.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I think we own every single nylabone in existence! As long as they aren't swallowing large chunks, it should be ok. Smaller tiny shavings and rice-size pieces are supposed to just pass right through ( not absorbed)... Just make sure to inspect the toys and supervise playtime/chew time!:D
They really are the best chews.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka will only chew on the soft rubber chewies, not hard, which is usually what nylabone uses for its powerful chewies. He can now get big chunks off of the XL softer chewies and i have to keep taking them away and cutting pieces off. Currently we are in testing for a new soft chewy. A couple hundred dollars later :S.... The only one that has been working so far is the large black Kong goodie bone.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would think if its small pieces it would be ok. could try the stonger nylanbone kinds or maybe deer antlers.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
When he was younger I got him the chewy nylabones but he was easily able to chew those so I gave him the hard ones. He didnt like those until lately. I will see if they have any harder nylabones. I'm more so worried about the rice-sized shavings, but it seems you guys are saying it's OK. :blink:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon loves the ones with the spikes on them and does a number on them and has never had an issue with them. It's just the other stuff he eats that he's not supposed to that causes the problems, [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] pulled a nice string out of his butt the other night that was hanging on :barf:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
@thesspa pulled a nice string out of his butt the other night that was hanging on :barf:

haha! the beauty of being a bully mom or dad! The other day I was too pulling something out of my baby but in the street... people that were driving by probably throught i was crazy!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is 7 and these are two of her favorite bones... never had any issues with the shavings

attachment.php

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online