Help Needed! Irritation on her butt

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
So Ellie recently had a stomach virus or something to that extent she had the hershey squirts for two days till I bought her some medicine at petco which worked aweseme she lost alot of weight in those two days you can tell she's usually like a little barrel on wheels now she looked skinny anyways because of all the pooping i saw her drag her butt constantly so i had to wash her once a days cause she would get filthy well the last time i did that after she was cleaned i got all up in that booty of hers to see she was super irritated on that whole area where little butthole is so I was wondering what should I put to ease her pain/burning whatever it is that she's feeling and what can cure it how do I care for that as of right now all i've been doing is washing her butt with oatmeal shampoo till I figure out what type of cream i can use for that. any help would be great. by the way she's back to her old self eating normal and everything so she's good to go:clap2::2thumbs:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I wonder if the shampoo is irritating it some. Hemeroid cream <sp>. Of course, a phone call to the vet doesn't usually cost anything. The bulldog vet here regularly uses pepto with bullys. He's also a breeder as well so I trust his judgement.

This was in the Human meds for pets thread

"Preparation H. FOR DOGS ONLY. Apply to an irritated anal area 3 times daily."

Last edited:
OP
tanito00

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I wonder if the shampoo is irritating it some. Hemeroid cream <sp>. Of course, a phone call to the vet doesn't usually cost anything. The bulldog vet here regularly uses pepto with bullys. He's also a breeder as well so I trust his judgement.

This was in the Human meds for pets thread

"Preparation H. FOR DOGS ONLY. Apply to an irritated anal area 3 times daily."

yeah I saw that this morning but was hoping someone had used it before with no complications and such. But yeah I can give my vet a call only thing is that my vet is not a bullie experienced vet so I trust my peeps here more then the vet...lol...sad but true havent found an experience vet with bullies yet hence why so hesitatn to get my little girl spayed.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
yeah I saw that this morning but was hoping someone had used it before with no complications and such. But yeah I can give my vet a call only thing is that my vet is not a bullie experienced vet so I trust my peeps here more then the vet...lol...sad but true havent found an experience vet with bullies yet hence why so hesitatn to get my little girl spayed.

It just occurred to me: Isn't Destin made for sore butts. everyone around here seems to use it for one thing or another. That might be a more comfortable way to go.

OP
tanito00

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
It just occurred to me: Isn't Destin made for sore butts. everyone around here seems to use it for one thing or another. That might be a more comfortable way to go.

yeha might try that but i thoguth desitin was for rash and not irritation dont know if theres a difference?.....so confused(sigh)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Is diaper rash not irritation?? I believe it is. Destin should be a good starting place.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
diaper rash is caused by the butt being in contact with a wet or unchanged diaper for a bit. How long depends on the kid. It doesn't have to be very long to get a rash started. It seems very much the same to me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can put a little Destin on it, or some Neosporin.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was going to say the exact same thing .... neosporin or Desitin!!! I think both of those would help soothe that poor sore bottom!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.