Help Needed! is my bully in heat???

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
Today my bully was sitting on the couch on a blanket and when she got up I noticed that there was a little bit of blood. It wasn't like dripping blood, it was blood that had rubbed off from her fur onto the blanket... She just turned 5 months, could she be in heat already??? I haven't gotten her spayed yet, was planning to do that in January. She hasn't been acting different or anything. I've never dealt with this before and didn't expect to, I wanted to get her spayed before she went through this... didn't know it could happen so early.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Yes, it sounds like she is in heat. Zelda also had her first (and only) at 5 months. Just keep the boys away from her, especially during the second week. The cycle should last about 3 weeks total but generally it's during the second week when they are fertile and then, only for a couple of days. BUT..... better safe than sorry.

OP
allyxo

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
I feel so sad for her, this wasn't supposed to happen. I feel like a bad bully mom. I wanted to get her spayed before this would ever happen.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
There's nothing to feel sad about and you're not a bad Bully-mom since she's matured earlier than most. There's no way you could have known when she'd start any more than you'd have know if it was a human daughter. She'll be fine. her nipples will end up a bit bigger, that's all. It's not like with a human with all the pain and stuff.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=5239]allyxo[/MENTION] I also had no idea they could have their first heat so early. My baby is almost 5 months old... :(..... I guess my time will come soon.

OP
allyxo

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
I had no idea it would happens so soon either, but I guess everybully is different.

Is there a way I can tell that she's for sure in heat?? Are there any other signs? I've been reading up on it and she isn't acting any different, she's just as playful and energetic than ever.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
My puppy was scheduled to be spayed and went into heat three days before and I felt just like you do-like a terrible bully mom, but it will be fine. My breeder was very reassuring to me. Even looking back there were very few signs from my pup. She didn't even have much rear-end swelling so it was very difficult to predict. She is getting spayed this Wednesday though so we will not go through another heat.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Yup , coco has just finished her 1st cycle. She was 9 month !! Tbh the 1st week she bleed heavy and after tht it lightened off. She stopped bleeding at the beginning of the 3rd week. Good luck :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.