Help Needed! New member and new puppy! Soft poop?

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Hi my name is Andy and I am a new owner of an awesome English bulldog puppy (Rambo). I need some advice since his my first Bully. I got him at 8 weeks and the breeder told me to give him Royal Canin for puppies. I started with Royal Canin but he was having diarrhea so I took him to the vet, the vet did a parasite test which it came out negative. Even though he prescribe metrodizanole, I gave him that for around 4 days but didn't help, stool still very soft. Now I'm in the process of changing the food to Blue Buffalo for pups but it has been 3 days and stool still soft. I wonder how long after I change food I'm going to see improvement? Any advice will very appreciated.

Thanks Andy

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You might be feeding him a little too much. try cutting back on his food just a little and see it that helps. Are you feeding him three time a day? If so that's good, just cut back a little.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Are his poos dark brown? Normal in size even though runny? What is his hunger like?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi Andy..so happy you've joined us! Ohhhh the :poo: issue!! First thing is to tell you to get some canned pumpkin. Not the pie filling but 100% pumpkin. Add a tablespoon into his kibble. This will help. Also like David said too much food causes this. And if your food has chicken in it. Lots of our Bullys are sensitive to chicken. When you do a food change make sure to do a slow transition over a 10 day to 2 week period. Slowly reduce the old food and add in new. puppies often have soft poo just from shots and meds too. I would let his system settle down before you do a food switch. give him time to acclimate himself to his new world..then slwly make the change. Good Luck and we love pictures! :D

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Thanks to all for your quick responses! I just cut back a litte today and it seems to be helping! His hunger seems fine, but I think I was feeding him too much... Poop is like brown pudding. I also started giving him a little pumpkin.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks to all for your quick responses! I just cut back a litte today and it seems to be helping! His hunger seems fine, but I think I was feeding him too much... Poop is like brown pudding. I also started giving him a little pumpkin.

Perfect! Let us know how he does!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver

sounds like he is heading into the right direction. Keep us posted with any other issues. Oh and Welcome

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you will soon learn, you can judge the health of your bully by watching their :poo:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Welcome and good luck! Its a good idea to always keep a few cans of the 100% pumpkin on hand :) Keep us posted on how its going.

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Thanks to all! Here some pics of Rambo!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1353893025.342545.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
Wow, great looking pup. I am new here too. Become familiar with the search feature, there is a ton of good info. Although it can get expensive lol. Today we bought dog food, nail clippers, Desitin, Wipes, Witch Hazel pads, Gold Bond powder, canned pumpkin, grizzly salmon oil, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, oatmeal based shampoo lol I am sure I missed something. Hopefully we are good to go. Our big guy will get here Saturday. The kids can't wait.

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I'm confuse, i did the switch to blue buffalo puppy chicken.im also giving him a little pumpkin, now his stool started to look harder but still soft. Sometimes is even more soft is a lot better than when I got him but no hard poop yet. His been with the new food about 6 days now, is this normal? Could it be that his allergic to chicken? How can find out? Thanks for all your help.

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
One more!ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354387881.511652.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
He is so cute! On the food i would give him a couple more days then if still runny try something without chicken a lot of bullies cant handle chicken then after that if still runny go to grain free. I hope it settles down soon!

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
He is so cute! On the food i would give him a couple more days then if still runny try something without chicken a lot of bullies cant handle chicken then after that if still runny go to grain free. I hope it settles down soon!

Thanks, If I change the food again do I have to do it slowly even Though I'll be using the same brand?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.